PDA

View Full Version : Lack of eating

Rennie1989
23-04-05, 00:35
Hiya all

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum btw, werent sure where to put it!!!!!!

I've just realised this minute that my eating has gone down hill again, which started when my anxiety and panic attacks did (11/09/2003). Today, well techniquly yesterday (Friday) all i ate was porridge, 2 chocolate bars, super noodles and a yogurt. That is frightnign for me as I should be eating more at my age, I'm 6 stone.[xx(]

On Friday I was nearly sick, i decided to put a few things away in my room when i started to heave, I wasn't ill but after that I started to feel sick, then at school I was dizzy, weak and light headed. Came home and had some super noodles, infact I couldn't eat anything after that because I was full, usually I would need to eat more then that!!!!

In a way I feel as though I'm torturing myself because of my lack of eating and I have a gut feeling that I won't live for long, maybe due to mal-nutrition. I can't see the doctors because I am shy to people and I have low confidence to do so, plus my mum is a nurse and she will find out. I want it to be sorted out so I can live healthly. But I think that main cause is my stomach is shrinking because I'm eating so less.

Thanks for reading, it just freaked me out just thinking of it and I had to tell someone!!!!

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

andrew
23-04-05, 00:55
hi jade,

sorry to read your not feeling too well, maybe thats some of the reason your not eating much. try and make sure you do eat something everyday.

also i was thinking that maybe youve got too much on your mind at the moment, i know its not easy but try and find someone to 'talk to' or post and just vent your feelings.

anyway hope your ok in general and doing alright at school

you take care .. andrew

seh1980
23-04-05, 09:58
hi Jade,

Try to eat a little bit more every day. There are loads of little snacks out there that will help you keep your energy levels up such as cereal bars, etc. Try to eat something like this instead of a chocolate bar as it is a lot healthier. Hope you feel better soon!!

Sarah :D

Rennie1989
23-04-05, 12:05
Hiya all

In a way I have to eat chocolate to give that little extra energy boost, i only had 2 small ones anyway, a cake bar for lunch (forgot to mention i forgot my lunch but only remembered my cake bar) and a celebrations choc.

I'm tryin to eat more everyday but I feel sick, I try to eat apples etc but its like I cant keep it down.

Thanx for your posts, ;)

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

tattybear
23-04-05, 12:56
Hi Jade,

I think its got to a point where your focusing too much on that you mite be sick if you eat too much.

Try to get this thought out of your head, I know its hard as somtimes if I eat it makes me feel sick, but i think mine is because of my fear of being sick.

Try to eat often and make sure you start the day with a good breakfast, just eat dry toast if your worried about being sick.

Like Sarah said, try cereal bars too as they have a better effect than choc which gives you an energy boost, but makes you feel slugish...also sunflower seeds are good too.

Try not to let it be your main focus.

Hope things get better.

Tatty B xx

carlin
23-04-05, 16:42
Hi Jade,
Sorry you are having rough time with eating right now, try,as suggested, to eat a little something every now and then, could you manage soup with a little bread dipped in, scrambled eggs maybe, something light not to much for your tummy,Do you drink milk, 'cos that's good for you, milkshakes? once your tummy gets used to eating a little more each day it will be fine. You won't die of malnutrition darling, just take it easy and keep in touch xxxxx

kairen
23-04-05, 19:05
Hi jade,

I was the same when i was really bad the first time i had P.As i lost a lot of weight, i remember my mum making me tomato soup that was many years ago and i still stand the sight or smell of it ,

i used to try and eat things that had very little taste or smell so that would not put me off straight away, i ued to drink those milkshake meals that u can get to build you up cos i was really worried about not eating, i ate a lot of fruit and salads and tried not to worry to much as i knew that was making me worse,

i do hope things pick up for you soon pm me if you want to chat take care honey

kairen x

Rennie1989
23-04-05, 19:05
Hiya all

I'm trying to eat more fruit and yes i do like soup, chicken noodle soup is to die for, lol.

When iv finished surfing im gonna make some super noodles, i acidentally missed dinner seein my bf (new one) today so ill have to make something soon.

Thanx for you comments

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

Rennie1989
23-04-05, 19:07
kairen: thanx for the advice. ill pm u if i have any more probs. thanx

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

seh1980
23-04-05, 19:08
LOL Jade - forgetting your dinner isn't a good start hun!! :D

Rennie1989
24-04-05, 18:43
Hiya sarah

Sorry, I have eaten dinner yesterday, i did today too

Had my bf over today to meet my parents, im sooooo pleased that they all got along, the last one didnt work out and i couldnt bare to bring him home but i could with mike (mew bf)

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

seh1980
24-04-05, 19:50
hi Scoot,

Glad to hear that they all got on and that you've been eating your dinner lol

Sarah :D

Rennie1989
28-04-05, 16:18
lol, yeah my eatin habbits are getting better. iv been eatin more but not gainin weight, thank god!

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

seh1980
28-04-05, 18:15
Scoot - as long as your eat healthily you won't have to worry about your weight hun :D

Rennie1989
28-04-05, 21:35
Hiya sarah

Im doing alot better now, i think i had stress before i went out with Mike (goin out tid sum1 who had nowt in common wid me) but now going out with him i have no stress atall, tis brilliant!

Thanx for your help everyone!

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

Karen
29-04-05, 02:38
Glad you are doing better Jade. Just keep eating healthily and you will be fine.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.