PDA

View Full Version : Not been here for a while

Shell26
02-07-08, 11:58
Hi everyone,

I am introducing myself again as haven't been on this site for quite a long time now. Hope everybody is ok and doing well.

My name is Shell and am 26 years old and suffer from depression and ocd.

Am going to Spain on Saturday and cannot wait to get away for a week in the sun but am a bit apprehensive about the flight, not that im scared about flying as i love it just my ocd is affecting me at the minute. Does anybody have any advice or has anybody else ever felt this way?

I would welcome and appreciate anybody's advice on this.

Many thanks for your time,

Shell

Southern_Belle
02-07-08, 13:46
Hi Shell,

Welcome back! I hope you have a wonderful time in Spain, sounds lovely. I am afraid of flying so I always go prepared with light reading and some music I like to listen to. I also take a pair of ear plugs for taking off and landing as the noise always bothers me. I know that you will have a fantastic time in Spain so focus on that during your flight. Have a great time!

Take care,

Laura

marie1974
02-07-08, 13:49
hiya and welcome, i hope you have great time in spain, im sure you will. i hate flying so cant give much advice really but im sure you will be fine and on the beach sunning yourself in no time hugs xx

Shell26
02-07-08, 15:09
I feel as though im going to panic so much that i might blurt something out on the plane and make myself look foolish, does anybody else have this fear?

Its never happened to me before but i think its cause i haven't been on a plane for quite a long time now.

chalky
02-07-08, 18:27
Hi Shell,

Welcome back to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Whilst it is natural for you to focus on the potentially negative aspect of this trip- it is inbuilt in us of course-you have to work hard to remind yourself of all the potential benefits this trip is offering you.
Be positive about this!!!
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
02-07-08, 21:13
Hello Shell And Welcome ....wish Ya Well......linda

Nibbles
02-07-08, 22:32
Hi Shell and :welcome: back,

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
06-07-08, 16:59
Hi Shell

A warm :welcome: back and lovely to see you here again.

I hope the holiday went well and you coped ok on the flight

milly jones
07-07-08, 13:44
welcome home to nmp

love milly xx:hugs:

lorac
07-07-08, 19:15
Hi Shell and welcome back to nmp

Carol

weeble40
12-07-08, 17:20
welcome back to NMP hope to see you around sometime