PDA

View Full Version : I B S

domino
02-07-08, 19:08
Just wondered does anyone else suffer from this condition? I ,ve just come home from hospital this is the third time in as many months. I,m slightly anxious and not sure what to eat as i hear foods do effect the condition, waiting for a referal from my g.p.

countrygirl
02-07-08, 20:00
I have ibs and its a diagnosis of exclusion - in fact to be diagnosed officially you have to have had a colonsocopy which I am having next week:wacko: cant wait for that one with the prep etc. So my consultant says I have ibs but he can only confirm it after the colonsocopy. Have you had one fo these yet??

Anything from food to stress can affect ibs. I have no magic answers you can try excluding one food group at a time and see if it helps.

Pixel
02-07-08, 20:17
I have ibs from stress and have been told by the doctor that it is much more common than people think. i have it really bad after eating anything with a lot of mayo or anything with lots of pasta and also fatty foods but i think this veries from peson to person though. It is nothing to get o worried about as when im less stressed my symptoms go almost completely.

domino
02-07-08, 20:56
I have ibs and its a diagnosis of exclusion - in fact to be diagnosed officially you have to have had a colonsocopy which I am having next week:wacko: cant wait for that one with the prep etc. So my consultant says I have ibs but he can only confirm it after the colonsocopy. Have you had one fo these yet??

Anything from food to stress can affect ibs. I have no magic answers you can try excluding one food group at a time and see if it helps.
Hi, thanks for your input, what is a colonsocopy? and should i prepare myself.

domino
02-07-08, 21:04
Ok just had this thing explained to me,o. m. g. not looking forward to that. lol:wacko: