PDA

View Full Version : There's hope for us all

Jules31
23-04-05, 07:11
Hi everyone

I just wanted to post something on a positive note.

I'm in the Maldives on my honeymoon, after my wedding last Saturday (which Meg will testify to, that I survived in an amazing fashion). I had the time of my life. Despite a large pa on sunday afternoon (though I had been a bit stressed the week before, drank too much alcohol and only had a few hours sleep), I'm still going strong.

I've done a 10 hour flight to the Maldives and then a ride on a sea plane ( which I was dreading. My husband (ha ha) held my hand and I got through it, soon being amazed by the fabulous views.

Despite a huge fear of deep water, I've also been snorkelling and to the opening of the world's first all glass underwater restaurant.

I'm not saying that I don't feel strange some of the time but I"m telling it to go to hell!!

One thing I do have to tell you all, came from a yoga session yesterday. Alright, it was on a platform, in the middle of the indian ocean at sunset, with a warm breeze blowing and the sound of the waves lapping, so of course that made it an experience I will never forget. But I came away with a resounding message ringing in my ears, (which reminded me of you all, esp you Meg) It was the simple phrase by the yoga instructor "thoughts are just illusions" . David commented on it too and I felt like it was a special message for me. So when the going gets tough, I will be thinking of that and I hope you all can get some use from it too.

Right I'm off to watch the tropical storm that's on it's way in.

Take care all of you

Love

Jules

Meg
23-04-05, 09:34
Lovely to hear from you Jules and glad its going so well.
You did great .

Loking forwarrd to pictures on your return . I loved the Maldives - did loads of diving there.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

seh1980
23-04-05, 09:53
I am SO jealous!!!!! Well done hun - keep up the good work and I hope you have the time of your life!! :D

florence
23-04-05, 11:59
Hi Jules

Sounds lovely where you are!!! Well done for the flight and everything else, even with your fears, you managed to do it , and thats a great achievement! [8D]
You sound positive and thats wonderful, way to go, keep up the good work!
Take care.
Florence.

**See the world more as it is, less as what you are.**

vernon
23-04-05, 14:15
well dne Jules realy glad you are having a good time, and I love that
"thoughts are just illusions" I realy think little sayings go a long long way. tc u both Vernon

kairen
23-04-05, 15:09
Firstly congrautlations on your wedding MRS Jules,

Great to hear you're having a lovely time sounds like heaven,
make the most of it and take loads of pictures.

I do yoga every week and thats one of the things i love about it unfortunatley im in a school gym but your surroundings sound much better have fun xxx best wishes to you both xxx

kairen x

clickaway
23-04-05, 15:36
Hi,

Congratulations on the marriage, and am glad you are coping so well after a ten hour flight.

That restaurant sounds cool - the fish must really be fresh:D

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

carlin
23-04-05, 16:26
Hi there,
congratulations to you both...enjoy! wow, that brought a big grin to my face.....xxxx

Juliet
30-04-05, 12:36
Wow,what an inspiration you are!!Congratulations on your marriage.Its so nice to hear that you enjoyed your wedding day and are having the time of your life on your honeymoon.Im getting married in December and am nervous as hell,but like you Im thinking that anxiety is NOT going to get in the way of my big day.....you go girl!!!Have to give me some tips xx

Lottie32
30-04-05, 20:37
Jules you total sad cow!!!!!

You are supposed to be having the time of your life, not e-mailing us whilst ON your honeymoon!!!!!

I had the fabbest time, and I'm so glad you invited me, even if all your friends now think I'm totally bonkers - mind you I suppose on a positive note, they must now think you are totally sane.

You looked totally gorgeous, really slim and brown (how come YOUR fake tan didn't come off at TV at RC like mine). I'm just fated!!!

You did so well, and that was sincerely one of the nicest weddings I have ever been too. Mind you, they do say that nice people only have nice friends, even if Mr Bean (Niall) did tell me to sod off when I turned down a dinner date!

I've been thinking of you lots, and I'm so glad you managed the flights, and are having a good time. Dave is a really lovely bloke, and I know he will look after you.

Chill out, and have the best time.

See you when you get back - I need to come down to get some copies of the photos - my stupid mother lent me her digital, with a totally flat battery, so I have one photo of you leaving the church, with Julian standing up in front of me!

The fun doesn't end when you get back either - we are off to Alton Towers on June 17th, complete with Gnomes, and do you want to come and see the Mission at RC on 11th Sept??? Let me know how many tickets!!!!

Have the greatest time ever babe and see you very soonXXXXX

Love

Charlie X

(p.s. Are you expecting yet?)

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Meg
30-04-05, 23:47
Charlie

Think the gnome thing is just for May !! Check before you buy

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jules31
12-05-05, 11:09
Hi all

Thanks for your well wishes and congrats.

The Maldives were so amazing and Charlie, point taken I am a "sad cow"

The rest of the honeymoon went so well too, more yoga, a boat trip chasing dolphins (and I didn't get sea sick) an so much more. Then 24 hours travelling home, including three flights this time, one for 12 and half hours. I survived them all and then we spent a couple of day in Surrey. It wasn't really until the end of last week that any of my major symptoms surfaced. I'm struggling a bit at the moment and came back to work on tues, but I am not going to let this beat me. I'm finding it hard to understand why I'm feeling bad again, when I have nothing as such to worry about.

I'm still trying to pluck the courage up for Alton Towers, but what's this stuff about gnomes?????

And Meg, Charlie, let me know when you're both free and I can bore you with the three million photos I have.

Take care all

Jules

Jules

carlin
12-05-05, 15:06
Hi Jules,
good to hear from you, so happy things went so well, you both deserve it, as for feeling a little 'off' i think this is a natural feeling for anyone returning from holls. then back to work, and more so when you suffer with anxiety, as your mind goes back into overtime, i.e i used to feel a bit panicky when i was here last time, that sort of thing, it will not beat you, just enjoy your new life, keep in touch and most of all be happy!

Meg
12-05-05, 15:56
Welcome back honey ..

Hope you did lots of anchoring of those still warm peaceful moments..

See you soon.

Love
Meg

nomorepanic
12-05-05, 21:51
Welcome back Jules

Glad you had a fab time and don't worry that you feel a bit rubbish now - that will soon pass.

Hope to see you at Alton Towers!

Nicola

Karen
12-05-05, 22:25
Welcome back Jules. So glad you had a lovely time.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.