PDA

View Full Version : Please Please Help I,m Scared!!!!!

ceecee
02-07-08, 20:06
HI EVERYONE WELL I REALLY DO NEED SOME ADVICE PLEASE
I GAD A TATTOO DONE YESTERDAT AND AS I WAS SAT THERE WAITING FOR MY TURN A MAN A STARTED TELLING ME HOW HE HAS JUST BEATEN CANCER OF THE TESTICLES(I HAVE EXTREMLY HIGH HEALTH ANXIETYAND WAS REALLY SYMPATHETIC
ANY WAY I HAD MINE DONE AFTER AND WHEN I GOT OUT OF THE SHOP I STARTED TO REALLY WORRY THAT WHAT IF THEY DIDN,T CHANGE THE NEEDLE AND I HAVE CONTRACTED CANCER(OBVIOUSLY NOT TESTICULAR!!!!!)I,M SOOOO SOOO WORRIED I HAVE PHONED NHS DIRECT TO ASK FOR THEIR ADVICE AND AM WAITING FOR THEM TO GET BACK TO ME!!!!
I REALLY DO HOPE THAT YOU ALL DON,T THINK THAT I HAVE LOST THE PLOT BUT I,M REALLY STRESSED OUT LAST NIGHT I COULD HARDLY BREATHE :weep:
THANKYOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS

Trixie
02-07-08, 20:13
You can get many things from a dirty needle but cancer isn't one of them.

shiv
02-07-08, 20:16
Mate, first of all take a deep breath. There is NO cancer that can be caught not even from needles and tatoo parlours are cleaner than hospitals: this I know. You need to try and think rationally. I've been there. Went through a weird few days of thinking I would lose control of my eye movements. and the time I thought my stomach had somehow dropped in my torso and I was going to die a scary agonising death. Sound funny now but at the time It was SOOO real. :scared15:

Easier said than done but try not to panic.

Btw what's your tatoo of?

Siobhan x

jodie
02-07-08, 20:20
hiya

ok try to stop and think about this ok

i am sure they will have changed the needle it is more than there jobs worth if they dont ,and there is no way you can get cancer that was you can not pass cancer on like that infact not in anyway it is not like a infection or virus they passes to others .
try to stay calm you will be just fine talk to these ppl who are calling you back tell then what your worried about i am sure they will explain it all to you.

jodie xx

kellie
02-07-08, 20:25
Hiya hun, you can not get cancer from a needle of any sort .
you are perfectly safe. no cancer can be passed on to ppl by any means at all
listen to jodie and the others
I hope you feel better soon
take care

kellie.xxxxxxxxxx

ceecee
02-07-08, 20:26
thank you all so so much
you,re great guys here what would i do without you all
i,m stikk waiting for them to phone back

Janieb
02-07-08, 21:56
seriously they have to change the needle cause there are various implications involved if they do don't they can lose their license and be closed down.

Zingara
03-07-08, 12:09
Hi CeeCee,
Please please don't worry about this, you just can't get cancer from a needle. As long as you go to a proper tattoo parlour with a health certificate you'll be fine. They have to change the needle every time. What's your tattoo like? I got mine done on the spur of the moment last year when I was feeling really down. Everyone said I would regret it but I haven't, I still love it, I feel nice just knowing it's there. It's given me a lot of comfort. xx

missy_swallows
03-07-08, 12:45
Hello my love! i work in a tattoo studio and i rpomise you we are some of the cleanest bunch of people you could get! we always change all equitment between each customer and needles are never reused! i hope this has made you feel a bit better. you will be fine i promise! xxx

ceecee
03-07-08, 13:15
thankyou so much for your replies,i really do appreciate them!!!!:)
nhs direct phoned me back this mornring and said that it was not possible to get cancer from a needle!!!
i,m just in a real state at the moment as i feel my health anxiety is coming back really bad!!!!!:weep: :weep:
i now have a rash on the back of my neck its raised slightly and now i think i have a blood infection:blush:
samira-i have had 3 stars on the bottom of my back .1 baby blue one for my hubby, and 2 baby pink ones for my 2 daughters.
and i know that these places have to be clean but i worry so much
just wanted you all to know how grateful i am

Adz84
07-07-08, 12:51
Hello, my mate owns a tattoo shop. I'm pretty covered myself and can assure you they NEVER use dirty needles! They have tons of needles and autoclaves to sterilise anything that can be, and are constantly cleaning works surfaces. You really have nothing to worry about. If it puts your mind at any more rest they always do an outline first, then shading after which both use completely different needles. So the man who was in before you would have had the shading needles in the tattoo gun so it would have been changed for your outline needle when you got yours done. you really have nothing to worry about. :)
the rash is pretty normal too! i recommend you use bepanthem (nappy rash cream) on it to help it heal. it works a treat :)

june
07-07-08, 14:02
If you had a blood infection from the tattoo, then the tattoo itself would be very very sore and look bad.
The rash is probably a NERVOUS rash - which can look like tiny pin pricks to lumps the size of 2p. They disappear with your anxiety.
Hope this helps you to calm down a little.
Best wishes
June

ceecee
07-07-08, 18:45
thank you june i,m very grateful:)
hope you are ok