PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Here, "Hi"

anxiousk
03-07-08, 02:57
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but not new to anxiety issues.

I am a 24 year old female, you can call me K, short for my first name :).

I have been suffering with anxiety problems from as early back as I can remeber, but after a particularly stressful time in my life about 2.5 years ago - I started my cycle into panic disorder that so far has basically controlled my life.

I purchased the Lucinda Basset program Attacking Anxiety and Depression when this started and while I feel it is a good program, so far I have been unsucessful with finding any relief from my daily panic attacks and horrific body sypmtoms.

I've also tried therapy with no real results, although better results than when I was going the program alone.

I've also tried Lexapro 10 mg but gained a startling amount of weight in a short period of time (5 months), so I weaned off of that and haven't tried anything else since.

I will frequently have one good week where I feel I'm getting better and then 2 months or more of anxiety and panic disorder awful-ness.

I have a wonderful, amazing husband but even he I think is starting to just accept this as a way of life w/me constantly freaking out, always being sick, and worrying I'm dying.

I found this forum looking for information on the Linden System (which I decided not to go with) and am so glad I did find this place.

More than anything I want to get better, but what I've not been able to find is how to get the courage to get better. I've read all the books, done a lot of work, put myself out there and I remain essentially, unchanged.

I'd love to meet others who are struggling, progressing, or anyone that can help me.

My main fears are all health related. I fear odd symptoms and being sick (which I do have some chronic issues). I fear dying constantly and everytime I have an attack no matter how many I've had before I'm terrified that this will be the time that I'm dying of one of my sicknesses or a disease no one found.

I of course, have other worries, but this is my above all, terrible worry that plagues me constantly.

Sorry for rambling on I just wanted to give some background on who I am and what my "story" is.

I really look forward to chatting with you all!

-K

kaijo
03-07-08, 08:23
hi welcome K NMP is a great place with loads of friendly people willing to give advice. If u want to chat PM me

Jo xxxxxxxxx

Steven1971
03-07-08, 08:25
Hi K,
I'm only new to this site myself but have found it really encouraging to find so many people just like me. When you're struggling on your own its seems easy to feel that you are the only one with your symptoms and worries. I know in my own case that that tended to make my symptoms feel all the more real to me. My palpitations were from a heart attack or the pain in my throat was from some form of nasty illness as yet undiagnosed. When you read that so many other people are doing and thinking the same way we are I think it helps you to get things in perspective a bit. I hope you can get some comfort from this site too.
Take Care,
Steven:welcome:

popsy
03-07-08, 10:46
:welcome: Lovely to see you here, you have stumbled upon the right place! :)
Keep posting you will receive lots of advice and help here.
Big Hugs :bighug1:
C xxx

milly jones
03-07-08, 11:36
hi k

welcome to nmp

im milly f 43 from wales

nmp is a brilliant resource for relieveing anx and gaining support and friends

love milly xx:hugs:

Southern_Belle
03-07-08, 14:51
Hi K,

Welcome to the site. Many here feel like you do and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

pooh
03-07-08, 16:22
HI K andf welcome along to NMP

I'm sure you'll find lots of people to relate to on here

Pooh x

belle
03-07-08, 16:40
Hi and welcome.
I share a lot of your fears (dying/throwing up). I am sure that you'll get lots of support here :)

x

lorac
03-07-08, 18:56
Hello K and welcome to NMP you will find lots of nice people on this site who share alot of your fears and I am sure you will get loads of support.

Carol

Nibbles
05-07-08, 22:21
Hi K and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
06-07-08, 16:53
Hi K

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get some great support and advice here.

weeble40
12-07-08, 17:40
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

kellie
12-07-08, 21:22
Hiya hun :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. Im sorry you are going through a rough time at the moment. keep posting as its good to talk about things and i realy hope we can be of some help to you. We also have a great chat room where you can talk to ppl about things or just have a giggle,so i hope to talk to you soon.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
13-07-08, 14:05
Hello K And Welcome ........wish Ya Well............linda