PDA

View Full Version : A relapse in life

fashionpam
03-07-08, 07:01
I am 24 and suffer agrophobia. When I was 21 I had a panic attack and that where all my problems began. I isolated myself from the world for 3 months. I left school, work and my social life. I didnt go out with friends for 1 year or more I was afriad of everything. Then after taking medication and therapy I gradually started going out and little did I know I started going to concerts, partys, clubs, family gathering ect. I was back to normal at least I thought so. In april I began feeling insecure again and now here I am a prisoner of my home and mind I cant go anywhere without feeling something emberassing is going to happen to me. I feel this is going to make me do something really dumb that I might regret. i dont know what to do anymore.

Steven1971
03-07-08, 08:43
Hi,
Sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you at the minute. Have you been back to your doctor yet? Although I have slightly different worries than yourself I had a similar experience where I felt I had made a lot of progress only to slip back again after several months. I think in my case it will be something I have to always work at, a bit like exercising to get healthy I suppose. I'm also new to this site and have found it very encouraging so far-particulary knowing that there are so many people that think just like us and have very similar concerns.
Hope you can get some comfort from this site too.
Take Care,
Steven :)

popsy
03-07-08, 10:42
:welcome: Loads of people will relate to your story on here, you have come to the right place!
You will receive lots of advice and help on here, its s friendly site so keep posting. Hope to catch you in chat soon.
Love Popsy x x x :hugs:

milly jones
03-07-08, 11:47
hi pam

its so hard this anx isnt it?

u will get to going out again hun. for some reason this horrible illness grabs us back when we are not expecting it, but we can get free again.

im suffering my second episode, and just beginning to see the light in the end of the tunnel again. this is due to my meds, therapy and most of all support from my mates in nmp

so welcome to nmp and i hope u gain as much as i do from here

milly xxx

Southern_Belle
03-07-08, 14:53
Hi Pam,

Welcome to the site. Many here feel like you do and you will get support. Hang in there we can help.

Take care,

Laura

pooh
03-07-08, 16:21
HI and welcome along to NMP.

I hope yu find the site very helpul

Pooh x

chikstar
03-07-08, 20:52
Hi Fashionpam
Im new to this site too and so far everone seems realy nice. The only advice I can give you is you will know when your ready to go out, and remember life is full of chances and sometimes you have to take one. Good luck for the future:bighug1: Feel free to pm anytime!
jo

JoT
04-07-08, 10:41
Hi Fashionpam

I'm having a relapse of this too, I've also suffered with it on and off since I was about your age and I'm 35 now. I have only had minor blips of it in my life and have not allowed it to rule me. Please don't let allow it to affect your quality of life - you are so young there's so much fun to be had and you can get better as you did last time.

Visit your docs and they can help you again - you don't have to suffer with this. Just think of it like any other illness that needs treatment. Maybe you need a little counselling to help you to boost your confidence too.

Take care :hugs:
Love Jo T

marie1974
04-07-08, 12:02
hiya and welcome to nmp, you will meet some lovely people here and get lots of great advice and support too hugsxxxx

Nibbles
05-07-08, 22:22
Hi Fashionpam and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment but I'm sure it's just a blip. :hugs:

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
06-07-08, 16:52
Hi Pam

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get some great support and advice here.

tamo
06-07-08, 17:06
Hi Fashionpam,
Welcome to nmp.
I agree with joT.We need to look at this just like any other illness and relalise that we will have good and not so good spells.Do not let this rule you.You will get stronger as you learn different techniqes.You have done it once which means you KNOW it can be defeated.

Best Wishes

weeble40
12-07-08, 17:24
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx