PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

kimmy72
03-07-08, 15:22
Lately I have been getting shotting pains up the sides of my neck. Not always on the same side and never has it been both sides at one time. It seems like a quick jolt and then nothing. These tend to catch me off guard and leave me wondering if this could be something serious. I have been to my gp and he says that it is tension. Does anyone else get this?

My anxiety keeps me thinking I must be having some type of clot or something and surely I will die.

Thanks for your input.

Kimmy

jill
03-07-08, 15:41
Hi Kimmy :D :hugs:

Anxiety is strange, is'nt it, it gives us some weird syptoms, I have had shooting pains, not where you have them but in my legs, not had this in a long time. I do use a relaxation cd from time to time, which helps with muscul tention.

You will find lots of threads on muscul tention, your not alone.

Ohhh hun, your not going to die, this is just Mrs anxiety up to her trick, don't listen to her hun.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

precious78
04-07-08, 08:49
I don't know if it's quite the same but I get stabbing pains in my neck occassionally and that has really scared me into thinking that the veins in my neck are getting blockages. Sometimes I get twitching in my neck as well. And sometimes I get a feeling like the bone at the front of my throat has got stuck and it pops out. I'm going to enquire about the stabbing pains when I go to Dr tonight (If I remember!).

shiv
04-07-08, 14:00
Our necks seem to take the brunt of tension- ask any chiropractor

Siobhan x