PDA

View Full Version : All abou Me

Willow
25-11-03, 14:04
Hi ya everone

My name is Diane and I am 19 years old.

I have been suffering with panic attacks, anxiety and depression for over a year and a half.
It has totally ruined my life, but with the help and support of my family and friends, a good doctor and medication i finally feel like I have some control over this terifiing condition.

Ive recently returned to work after having 9 months off sick. To be honest, being stuck at home made me feel worse. It got to the point where i was afraid to be left on my own and I would lock myself in the house with all the curtains shut. It took all my strength and a lot of courage to get back out and start living my life again.

It was about 2 months ago when my boyfriend left me when I finally reaised i had to stand on my own two feet and get on with things. Even going to the shop for a pint of milk was an effort. But gradually I built up the courage to go a little further each day and here I am now, back in ful time work!!

I still have my bad days, they still outweigh the good but I keep telling myself to keep positive and things will be ok. I got this far on my own and I am determined not to give up now.

Diane

Laurie28
25-11-03, 14:36
Hiya Diane,

Welcome to the board!!
It is great that you are confronting your fears
You will get alot of advise and support here
(Even how to make sheperds pie) - LOL
But seriously everyone is great and in the few short months since I have found this site I seem to be getting alot better

Love
Lucky

Lottie32
25-11-03, 14:57
Hello Diane

I hope you find this site really useful - it's a wealth of knowledge from listing the side-effects your medication may have to what pile cream reduces puffy eyes.

Well done you for going back to work. I think most people on the site agree that it's only by being positive that we have any chance of "getting better".

My boyfriend left me during a really bad spell of anxiety, and wanted me back when I was better. (He is now singing castrato in the local choir). Please try not to be too down about it, he really isn't worth your thoughts. One thing that him leaving me has taught me is that I can only get better by myself. I have lots of lovely friends to support me, but relying on any one person does not work. If they let you down, you can end up back to square one.

I hope you enjoy visiting this site - like friends reunited, it gets a bit addictive. It's nice to be able to share things - I felt better knowing that I had peoples sympathy when I went to the dentist, and everybody got a laugh reading about my ordeal by scaffolding in the dentists chair. Result - the next time I go, I shall concentrate on everybody laughing, and next time is won't be so bad.

Continue making the effort, and I hope you continue to feel better and better!

Charlie