PDA

View Full Version : Graduation day

Wenjoy
04-07-08, 09:09
Grrr - why am I so confident in day to day life but the thought of a couple of hours packed into a huge hall in the middle of a row of people miles from the exit terrifies me - just thinking about it I feel sick and hot and breathless. I do eft sometimes and may try tapping leading up to the event which is a week away.Thing is - I am so proud of my daughter for graduating and I love her to pieces but feel such a prat - i know it will be an emotional day but its the panic thing - if I was on the end of a row near the door I would be fine but the tickets tell you wher eyou MUST sit and you cant leave the auditorium until its all over so thats putting me in a spin- dam dam dam !!

Will kee pyou posted as to how it goes - we have booked a few days away in a local B and B afterwards to chill a bit as we have just moved house and my fear and anxiety levels are sky high at the mo!!

Wenjoy xxx

missemily
04-07-08, 22:40
Hi Wenjoy,
not sure I can help really but just wanted to share my experience;
I have the same problems, I dreaded my Graduation Day and was in such a panic in the lead up to it, didn't want to go but was told I'd regret it if I didn't etc, can't remember much about it now though & not sure how I made it through the day but I did. Whenever I am in these situations now, where I can't be in an aisle seat I take kalms and/or bach spray remedy, which seems to help me. I have also been seeing a counsellor for a while & she has talked through some ways to deal with it, e.g. I tell myself that if I have to get up (which I quite often don't need to do, it's just the anxiety) that it's not the end of the world, for example, if someone had to go past me to get to the loo in a theatre what would I think of them? It might be a small disruption but it wouldn't ruin my day/evening or whatever. Recently I find that once I have taken the kalms, for a few days leading up to the event, I'll go to the loo a couple of times before I have to go to my seat and then I distract myself when I sit down- reading a programme/writing in my diary or something & I can eventually forget about needing to go to the toilet.

Hope you have an enjoyable time
x

domino
04-07-08, 22:46
Hi, my daughter graduated in january, it was a wonderful day, I,m sure if you explained that you will feel better having an end seat, i,m sure they will move you.My brother 10 years ago and he had asked for an end seat, just ask either way enjoy the day as it will fly buy, and when you get the photo though the post your heart will melt. xx

Wenjoy
07-07-08, 10:23
Thankyou for your kind words bothof you - its next week and I feel sick when I think about it but I am so excited as well - lets hope its not a hot day as my panic is worse in the heat!! Wenjoy x