PDA

View Full Version : Hallo from Jo - spreading positivity

JoT
04-07-08, 10:13
Hi everyone, I'm Jo, I'm 35 and have two little girls aged 5 and 7 and I'm eternally engaged to their daddy (the thought of getting married...eeek! :blush: )

I found this site amazingly helpful 2 years ago when I went through a terrible case of Panic Disorder and subsequent agoraphobia. Following fluoxetine treatment and CBT I was right as rain within a couple of months, I still had some slight anxieties after this, but nothing I couldn't handle.

Over the past few months the anx began creeping up on me again, I kept brushing it off that it would pass, but I think I let it go too far and should have visited my doc sooner. I have become agoraphobic again, scared feelings of impending doom, even afraid to walk 5 mins up the road to pick my kids up from school incase I drop dead, constantly checking how I am feeling -you know how it is.

I dragged myself to the docs last week (even though I kept wanting to run out of the surgery). I am now on day 5 of the fluoxetine - had a terrible few days of feeling worse than ever, but today I feel so much better. I haven't been out for 5 days, maybe today is the day....

I've suffered on and off with this all my life but it seems to pass and comes in phases, I know I beat it before so I will do it again - I've learned to accept that its part of my personality and I just need a little help now and again to keep it in check.

I hope I can spread some positivity on here, this website has been such an amazing help to me. We will get better :noangel:

I've got a little diary blog of my recovery, feel free to visit - I hope others will find it helpful.

http://quirkymind.blogspot.com/

It is very therapeutic to write it all down on a blog, I totally recommend doing this to aid your recovery.

Love Jo

kellie
04-07-08, 11:00
Hiya Jo :welcome: back to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
Im sorry you are not doing so well at the moment :hugs: and i hope nmp can support you through it like it did before. you have beaten this before and im sure you can do it again.
As you know you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. keep posting as its helpful to share your fears and we will help as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
04-07-08, 12:15
hi jo

a really warm welcome to nmp

hope u find nmp as much support as i do

milly xxx :hugs:

shiv
04-07-08, 13:56
Hi and welcome

That's a great attitude you have. I too am back here after 2 panic free years and I too am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thought of doing a blog myself. Might start later.

Take car, Siobhan x

shiv
04-07-08, 13:57
Sorry I'm not advocating theft here- I meant "take care" not "take car"

Siobhan x

belle
04-07-08, 14:51
Hi and weclome :)
Just left a message on your blog...

x

Southern_Belle
04-07-08, 16:23
Hi Jo,

Welcome back. You are right some of us have blips from time to time but you will indeed get better. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

JoT
04-07-08, 16:35
Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

Nibbles
05-07-08, 22:30
Hi Jo and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
06-07-08, 16:47
Hi Jo

A warm :welcome: back and lovely to see you here again.

I hope you can get back on track with things again soon.

weeble40
12-07-08, 17:42
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx