PDA

View Full Version : Flying in a few hours

mlondon
04-07-08, 11:30
Ok only a few hours to go until I am flying to Holland.

The excitment is helping to keep the anxiety at bay but.... I am still feeling quite spaced out, things seem a bit unreal,there is an invisiable barrier between me and the world.

I know this is dissociation because I have had it before and read about it but I still can't help but feel scared of it. Normally I only have to put up with it for a while until i get home when it subsides. I won't be home until sunday now.

So any reassurance or advise of how to deal with it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

x

sheba2
04-07-08, 11:36
Hi there

I'm scared of flying so I would go for allowing the dissociation cos then I could pretend it was happening to someone else.

I found taking a few drops of Bach flower rescue remedy really helped me when flying. I don't know how this works and I was very sceptical but it really helped me.

I hope you have alovely time in Holland it is a great place. Which part are you going to. We spent our honeymoon there 12 years ago in Amsterdam. Enjoy it all even the flight!

JoT
04-07-08, 11:47
Aww you will have fun, think of the destination and the fun you will have and not the flight.

Start your holiday in the airport with a few big glasses of wine, plenty magazines. The flight is so short anyway, once they have served your refreshments you will be nearly there.

Have a great time! (you've probably left already)

Cathy V
04-07-08, 12:36
Yes, like jo, i always have a glass of wine at the airport and another from the refreshments trolley on the plane! I don't take any heavy meds, only 5mg betablocker and my doc says its ok to have a few drinks with these meds so this does help when im flying. Since moving over to germany last year ive flown back and forth to england 4 times and going again end of this month. The flight is only 1 and half hours so not too bad, and i always book online so i can choose a seat at the front. I always try to think that the staff do it all day every day as their job, so if they can do it every day for sometimes years, i can do it occasionally. In fact, sometimes i feel worse on a crowded train or bus than on a plane to be honest, crowded trains make me panic like anything!

So have a drink at the airport and another from the trolley on board and you'll be there in no time. Enjoy your break.

cathy xxx :)