PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal to lose ur vision for 2mins?

kamykamy87
23-04-05, 21:49
Hi!

Im pretty sure i had a panic attack 2 days ago, but something was seriously strange about it. What happened was, I woke up with seriously bad aching pains. (Nothing like period pains and I wasn't on my period anyways!) It was so intense I felt like I couldn't breathe. So, I ended up gasping for breath and rumaging through my draws for pain killers, which I'm now thinking is what caused my hyperventilation. Then shortly afterwards I realised I had symptoms like dizzyness, floaty feelings, blurred vision, depersonalisation, all which are symptons of a panic attack, yes indeed. I am convinced it was a panic attack.

Yet the major contradiction is that it does not appear to be known that vision will be lost during panic attacks. For almost 2mins i lost my vision, everything appearing to be white, not only "blurred" as others describe it.

Also, although it is known that abdominal pain can occur, mine was so intense it was unbearable, i was desperately finding painkillers and planned to overdose on them because i wanted it to go away as soon as possible. Does this suggest that the pain is something else, not one of the symptoms of my panic attack and that my panic attack was actually triggered off by the pain making me breathe more resulting in hyperventilation? Or, is this pain what i will experience everytime i hav a panic attack?

Has anyone ever experienced these symptoms? Or are these just other problems i have?

Thanks for reading this! Plz help!

Meg
23-04-05, 22:19
Its pretty unusual to wake with *seriously bad aching pains*.

If you went to sleep with an anxious churny tummy or are IBS prone then maybe, but otherwise its very unlikely to be anxiety in origin although it turned to panic shortly after. You don't say whether the settled spontaneouly or as a result of finding the painkillers

The vision thing .. the common term is ... went into a blind panic , I've certainly lost all depth of field on occasions .

Visual disturbances: Visual Disturbances (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2128)
eye trouble with a difference (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3069)
Floaters: FLOATERS (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2211)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kamykamy87
24-04-05, 01:34
wow! so losing vision temporarily could be a symptom from a panic attack?! eughhh... really hope that doesnt happen again!
yea most people agree the pain appeared to be too intense to be part of the panic attack, so i definately hav to check that out. It lasted a terrifying 30mins, and went almost immediately. No idea y...

seh1980
24-04-05, 09:48
hello Kamy,

Welcome aboard!! :)

Losing your vision is possible and can happen during quite a bad panic attack. You are not the first person it has happened to so please don't worry..

Sarah :D

sueiamnew
24-04-05, 16:00
Hi Kamy,
I have lost my vision before but im not sure it was caused by panic..it has only happened the once....thankfully! I thought i was going blind...

lainey
25-04-05, 08:54
Hi Kamy

The vision thing sounds very much like panic, so try not too worry. The abdo pain I think needs checking out as you say.
Welcome to the forum

Take care

Elaine x

Hope4NoMorePanic
02-05-05, 14:34
I also wanted to point out that you can lose your vision temporarily due to a migraine. You may not even feel a headache at the time. I believe it's called a silent migraine.

Hope4NoMorePanic