PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm New...

leesa-x
04-07-08, 14:46
Hello Im New, I suffer from anxiety so thought i would join:)just wondering if anyone could offer me any advice???? I at the moment have a really bloated stomach??? and at the top ( of my stomach) it feels quite hard?? just wondering if anyone has had the same thing? also i had a smear test about 2 weeks ago and i bled at the time! that has never happened to me before!!!! so now with the bloated stomach am thinking maybe there is something wrong?? would be gratefull for any advice, sorry for going on:doh: love leesa.

lilly-lou
04-07-08, 14:51
Hi and welcome. Try not to worry too much about bleeding after having your smear, I had one done about 3 weeks ago and bled after it but my results came back fine.

Lilly-lou

kellie
04-07-08, 15:11
Hiya leesa,:welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will gwt lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. dont be to concerned about the bleeding from the smear its not uncommen to bleed during or after one.
the tight knot and bloated feeling in your tummy is down to tight muscles which is one of the anixety symptoms. try to relax more and deep slow breathing will also help. in throught your nose to the count of six and out through your mouth to the count of 10 ( nice and slow)

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Southern_Belle
04-07-08, 16:24
Hi Leesa-X,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

popsy
05-07-08, 16:17
:welcome: Hi, you've stumbled upon the right place!
I hope you find this site as useful and friendly as i do.
Hope to catch you in chat soon.
C xxx

raverrob
05-07-08, 20:01
Hi there - I am just new, also suffer with anxiety amongst other things. :)

Robby

milly jones
05-07-08, 20:52
hi leesa

welcome to nmp

im sure that there will be ppl in nmp who can ease ur fears

milly xx:hugs:

Nibbles
05-07-08, 22:37
Hi Leesa and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
06-07-08, 16:41
Hi Leesa

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get some great support and advice here.

weeble40
12-07-08, 17:43
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

pele33
13-07-08, 23:44
Cant give yo any advie on your symptoms, but welcome to nmp !

leesa-x
25-07-08, 14:16
HI, had my smear test results back and guess what guys........... ITS NORMAL Lol, thanks to all you lovely people who made me feel less anxious, BIGG HUGGS leesa. xxx

lorac
25-07-08, 17:42
Hello Leesa

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

Lindalou64
27-07-08, 15:13
Hello Leesa And Welcome To The Site,wish Ya Well,linda

ronski
27-07-08, 17:48
Hi Leesa

Welcome to the site, and yes I can sympathise with your bloated stomach and associated hardness in your epigastric region. I am sure when we are anxious we swallow air and this gets held up in the stomach and causes some of the odd sensations we feel in that area. Also when anxious blood gets diverted away from the digestive system to more important organs that are involved in the fight and flight response. So this slows down motility and causes bloating. A lot of my anxiety physical sensations have left me as I gradually improve from this disorder, but the stomach ones still are present and cause me considerable distress at times. But dont get down or despondent you will beat it.
Try not to worry
Ron