PDA

View Full Version : hello

puresugar
04-07-08, 15:33
here goes !! (please excuse poor spelling )

my name is helen and i am 34 .i was diagnosed with agrophobia last febuary .
i have just made an appointment to see my doctor next tues 8:40 am (doesnt give me to much time to talk myself out of going )
got my parents to give me a lift and asked mum to wait in waiting room .
reason i am finaly going my 16 yr daughter said she would take me in her boyfriends mini if i didnt !!
(reason )i have been on pain killers for the last 2 weeks for tooth pain which is in my jaw,cheek,ear ,sharp pain in temple and pain in eye .
problem is i am also petriefied of the dentist (and i dont have one )
i have only just stopped hyperventerlating ,my hand was shaking ,crying feeling sick ,my whole body aches now and i feel so tired .that was just a phone call should be fun on tuesday.
i dont go anywhere on my own now so really need to get sorted .
look forward to getting tips advice from the site
take care all helen x

Southern_Belle
04-07-08, 16:30
Hi Helen,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. Glad you made that telephone call and hope you make it to the dentist. You just need to take it step by step one minute at a time. Others here will give more advice.

Take care,

Laura

kellie
04-07-08, 18:22
Hiya Helen :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great frineds along the way. I understand the fear you have of the dentist ( they scare me silly)and it being teamed up with agrophobia must be so much worse. they are so many good dentist out there today who are every good at dealing with ppl like me and you. they can even send you to another clinic where they can semi sedate you for you to be treated ( my daughter has to have this done as she goes to pieces in the dentist room) i always seen to find that the getting there is far worse than haveing things done. And just imagine you will be pain free once it is sorted. plz dont feel silly explaining to any dentist about how you feel as they get more and more ppl like us all the time. plz tell your doc how you are feeling also about everything ok , write it all down before you go so you dont miss anything (you can even just hand it to your doc to reed)
I wish you all the best hun and i hope to talk to you soon.
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

popsy
05-07-08, 16:14
:welcome: Hi, you've stumbled upon the right place :)
I hope you find this site as useful and friendly as i do.
Hope to catch you in chat soon.
C xxx

Nibbles
05-07-08, 22:33
Hi Helen and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
06-07-08, 16:43
Hi Helen

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get some great support and advice here.

puresugar
07-07-08, 12:41
a huge thank you for all youre kind replies ..
feeling so sick today lol just thinking about the doctors tommorow
time i saw the doctor i told him i thought i was a hypercondricat (spelt something like that ?)last
at 10 yrs old i had really bad tummy pain ,went to see doctors for years about it but they said growing pains,she doesnt like school etc
at 13/14 sent by school and doctors to see a guy with a coloured record "watch the record and say i feel no pain i feel no pain and the pain will go away "he said
at sixteen i went in to hostpital with sever pain had to have a oviary removed full of cycsts as was the other but not so bad
just one of many medical blunders i have a long list ....

so i find it hard to trust doctors and also feel like i am wasting their time
feeling really sick ,faint,shakey and want to cry today knowing i have to go
helenx

puresugar
07-07-08, 12:44
ps last time i went to dentist was only to fill in a consent form for my son but had a really bad panic attack in waiting room and had to leave son with his grandma she had to fill in rest of the form i felt so bad .
helen x

milly jones
07-07-08, 12:46
aww helen sweetie

a big nmp welcome to u hun

hope u get as much support as i do in nmp

milly xxx :hugs:

Lindalou64
08-07-08, 21:41
Hello Helen And Welcome....wish Ya Well.........linda

weeble40
12-07-08, 17:05