PDA

View Full Version : help please, chest infection

hendey
04-07-08, 21:40
i've been having pains on and off in my chest for a while, mostly the left side but occasionley the right side, i've had tons of ecg's over the last few weeks and all show a normal albeit fast heart rate. the other day, i had a massive chest pain yesterday that lasted for about a minute, on my left side. a few hours later i began to get execrututing back pains often lower back but just below my shoulder blades, that radiate around to my chest in the form of a dull ache, all around my side and chest. i went to the docs, today me being stupid i didnt tell the doctor about the chest pains, but she felt that the pain was from a kidney infection. and prescribed me tablets, i've since taken 2 today, and still am unable to lie down and am getting severe back pains, should i be worried, is this normal of a chest infection, i'm worried that the tablets have had litttle effect.

should i go to the hospital tonight, should i wait it out and see how i feel on sunday or monday. someone advice please.

gtrgrl3369
05-07-08, 15:31
I would be willing to bet that your pain is because of your panic. If the ekgs didnt show anything they are the best indicator of a heart attack. If it still bothering you after taking some deep breathing time then it wouldnt hurt for another trip to the doctor but you need to tell them about the chest pain. This might be a dumb question, but do you think it might be gas due to hyperventilating, because when you breathe to fast you swallow alot of air which moves around in your chest region until it is expelled. I hope you feel better soon. Take care