PDA

View Full Version : problem with my tongue

joyce99
25-06-08, 16:23
hi tere can anyone relate i have a sore tongue at the tip its constantly throbbing and annoying any advice plz

HereIam
27-06-08, 11:08
Hey is there anything visable on your tongue?

Alisonj
28-06-08, 04:53
Any chance you bit it while sleeping or eating? If there is nothing visible on it chances are it was just something that happened while you were sleeping. Maybe rinse your mouth with an antispetic mouth wash.

joyce99
29-06-08, 19:56
just been diagnosed with this thrush in mouth although my mouth feels like its on fire and they have gave me nystatin and it still nips /burns is this a sign of healing or is the burning the thrush also is this the only thing thts suitable and how long will it take to clear thanks joyce

Charlottie
29-06-08, 21:16
Joyce, you need to ask your doctor/pharmacist these questions we aren't qualified to answer these questions.

joyce99
30-06-08, 15:25
anybody no how long this horrible things hangs around any helpp with anything that helps it to soothe the mouth etc any advice is appreciated

milly jones
30-06-08, 15:37
hi hun

i get oral thrush thru meds and anx

i get from gp a big tube of daktarin gel. i use it 3 times a day.

ive always been told to continue to use the gel for a few days after the thrush has gone to ensure it doesnt return.

for me thats about a week hun

milly xxx

joyce99
30-06-08, 15:48
does it really throb and like burn and does it affect your throat in an way thanks joyce

milly jones
30-06-08, 16:05
mine comes on my tongue mainly

yes it does burn hun, esp when u move ur tongue, or eat

get some meds asap, cos sooner u treat it sooner it will go

millxx

joyce99
30-06-08, 18:18
mines is burning all the time is this normal its getting better but it throbbing burning like till it goes does it i was given nistatin which is helping slowly plz advise thnks

milly jones
30-06-08, 18:43
im sorry i dont know nistatin hun xx

Coni
30-06-08, 19:10
joyce you need to continue using the nystatin for at least 48 hours after the thrush has gone.

coni xx

joyce99
30-06-08, 21:22
is the thrush supposed to burn all the time while its healing or is it cause im thinking of it all the time xjoyce

joyce99
01-07-08, 10:01
have a throbbing bit on side of tongue but have got oral thrush too does tongue cancer hurt any helps appreciated

Cathy V
01-07-08, 10:31
Hi Joyce. Can you tell us if you live alone or with a partner or family? Or if you have a social worker or someone who can help you right now. You need more help than we can give and if you are also pregnant its very important that you talk to medical staff who are trained to help you.

People on here are really trying their very best to help, but you are not listening and we think you really need help now. So please talk to someone near to you ok? Who do you live with joyce?

joyce1980
01-07-08, 11:51
Joyce, please look at this link for me.

Make a call and get some help, just in case you are wondering no the Drs don't throw you into the crazy house, they help you get better so you can enjoy the life you were given and to help give your baby a happy healthy life as well.

I promis, just call and speak to someone.

Good luck
http://www.sane.org.uk/AboutMentalIllness/NeedHelpNow

joyce99
01-07-08, 13:23
thanks for reply i t no what to do docs are telling me im well butfor some reason i keep telling myself im not docs cant do no more for me as my phychiatrist has said im not ill just very anxious help,,

Cathy V
01-07-08, 13:46
Hi joyce, so you have a psychiatrist, ok, well i think maybe you should have a word with him about the meds that you can take when pregnant because as the other joyce has said, you need more help. We can keep talking to you and thats fine if its what you prefer but for the anxiety to go on in this way must be very uncomfortable for you, and you really do need to ask him for something to calm you down. Im sure they woulodnt want you to go through the pregnancy in this way without helping you to relax. Maybe you can call him today and have a talk about it...tell him everything youve told us ok?

Keep posting if you feel better doing so but we're a bit limited as to what we can advise you to do, but sometimes just posting helps i know.
Take care
Cathy xxx

Southern_Belle
01-07-08, 13:53
Joyce,

I would see your Psychiatrist or Obstetrician immediately for your Health Anxiety. It is not good for your baby for you to be so anxious during this time. You do need to seek counseling for all of these concerns that you have. Whatever you do don't take no for an answer. If you need someone to speak up for you take someone. Your partner, husband, mother, friend anyone. Please let us know what happens okay.

As for mouth cancer, the doctors have already said it is thrush and so it is. It is the anxiety saying it is something else. You must believe what the doctors tell you, okay! Focus on your baby and start planning for your future with your child. Try to relax. Pamper yourself.

I realize that thrush can take awhile to heal but that does not mean it is cancer. I will tell you if you go to a health food store and ask them for something to heal it and it is grape colored it will get rid if it in a day. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it. I hope they have it in your country. I will try and call around to get the name of it for you. Until then, please call and make an appt. with a doctor. Take care.

Many hugs,

Laura

Pixel
01-07-08, 14:06
i just wanted to say that i took citalopram when i was pregnant on advice of the doctor apparently its quite common and my son is perfectly healthy. I would get the doctors advice first though. Also you do need to get help with your anxiety for your sake and your babys. It is really easy to get locked in a cycle with anxiety and hard to get out.

Hope you get better soon

joyce1980
01-07-08, 14:21
Hey Joyce!

I was trying for a baby and so I came off my meds (paroxetine) but that's when all the really bad ha came back, I was in a bad way.

So I have done some research and most Drs prescribe Prozac, I WILL have to take meds when I am pregnant as the anxiety takes my appetite away and i loose weight, that and I worry exactly like you are right now.

The Dr said it's better I be happy and healthy.
Proxetine is said to have a slight increase in birth defects so some a Drs say yes take it and others say no,,,,, it's very confusing but I will see a gyne when I am ready to try again.

Paroxetine works wonders for me, i can be a normal person.

Good luck:hugs:

joyce99
01-07-08, 19:15
hi there just thanking you but my shrink says im ot ill and i dont need help as im not mad i have oral thrush at the minute and i was just wondering if it should burn and throb in your mouth as mines seems to be doing

joyce99
01-07-08, 19:19
can anybody tell me how long oral thrush hangs around for

joyce99
01-07-08, 19:20
di you no how long oral thrush hangs around mind ive only had the stuff for 4 days

joyce99
01-07-08, 19:22
how long did you have the thrush for im on day 4 is tht to soon to be saying goodbye to it yet

Cathy V
01-07-08, 19:27
Joyce, nobody is saying you are mad, but you are asking the same questions over and over and this is a sign that your health anxiety is becoming more of a problem, plus everyone is trying to reassure you and you dont seem to want to listen. And i for one cant believe that your 'shrink' as you call him, tells you you dont have a problem. Is it that you are not telling him the full story? I take it that he knows you're pregnant?

Oral thrush can burn and throb...yes. just like it can when you get it in your vagina...ok?

Oh and you didnt tell me what your situation is at home, if you live alone or not.

Cathy xxx

milly jones
01-07-08, 19:54
think i had for about a week, but had to take meds for few days longer to ensure it was clear

thinking of u joyce

mill xxx

joyce99
01-07-08, 20:01
was it sore around the edges of your tongue as well

joyce99
01-07-08, 20:47
was your tongue sore around the edges of your tongue at times

joyce99
01-07-08, 23:17
i live alone and im very scared tht im gonna do something terrible cause of my thoughts the sides and tip of my tongue hurt so much

marie1974
01-07-08, 23:20
hi welcome to nmp joyce wot thoughts are you having hun? tell us exactly wots wrong and we will try to help u.

joyce99
01-07-08, 23:25
i have oral thrush my tongue is sore all over at the sides on the front its constantly throbbing and burning very unpleaseant now im fearing the worst because of this discomfort ive never had this before so i dont no whaqt its like can you help

marie1974
01-07-08, 23:28
joyce u say u having bad thoughts and may act on them, wot thought r u having? please listen to what i am writing hun, i am trying to help u. oral thrush is very painful my son had it as a side effect from medicine he was on, but it will go if u keep talking your medication but it takes a while

bottleblond
01-07-08, 23:49
Mouth cancer....NO WAY!! but you have to see your doc or pharmisit for treatment!!

Love Lisa
xxxxxx

eljay
05-07-08, 01:59
Hi all, Im new here.
I have a history of panic attacks and anxiety, im scared of myself at times. I have had a problem since I was 17 and now 41. Ive been on a forum for years and never thought to try one like this so im so glad i found it.

My latest problem is my tongue, ive had a row of sores [white] down the middle of my tongue, painful. Whilst looking at this i noticed a puckering on the left hand side, ive totally freaked out, worried sick etc, the main reason for my worry is the dentist spotted white marks on my gums a yr ago, she told me it COULD be the start of something nasty, I smoke although not many and also drink alcohol, I drink to blot my problems at times, I have a happy home with a hubby that loves me and 2 great kids [although teens lol] but I struggle with everything, I worry about everything in life. Ive booked to see the dr on monday and have since looked AGAIN at hubbys tongue and he also has the same [but not as bad] puckering on the side as i do. Although my first worry that made me look at it in the first place was the white clumps of spots down the middle that were sore.
Im so fed up of feeling like this, im scared of my own shadow when im low, and my poor hubby doesnt know what to do.
Ive visioned everything this week, not seeing kids marry etc etc.
Am I alone????

Alisonj
05-07-08, 02:29
Truthfully because I have not seen yoru tongue I have no idea. But defintely to ease your mind etc see your doctor.
You are defintely not alone in your fears. Each of us in here have one or many different things that we are terrified of and it manages to affect our lives quite significantly. This forum is a wonderful place to be though. There are wonderful people in here.
Good Luck, I hope it is nothing at all. And Welcome!!!

diane07
05-07-08, 07:49
I know exactly where you're coming from hun, i went through the same thing not so long ago. I had convinced myself i had mouth cancer. My doc had noticed blisters on my tongue and throat, it ended up to be nothing and after 3 months of having throat problems i was so relieved. Health anxiety is torture, luckily i don't have it now, i know its hard but try not to self diagnose, go see your doc.
Do let us know how you get on.

Di xx

eljay
06-07-08, 02:35
Hi and thanks for replies, ive not felt good today at all, feel like my glands are swolen and a sore throat so worry even more, I know ive suffered with anxiety for yrs but is this whats making my symptems worse ?? Im terrible at coping with death as are most people but i take it to the extreme, I deal with death alot in my job as im a carer with mainly elderly people, of course im gutted and constantly upset when we lose someone but I suffer in a normal way, like anyone else who loses a loved one, its when younger people die I go to pot, my friend is dying of cancer and she is 51, lives away from me by 3 plane trips so cant exactly pop over, she is on my mind all the time throughout the day and waking night, I also had a friend [although not close] die about a month ago at 36, with all of that and whats happening to me I feel like im losing it, YET AGAIN!! I just dont know when to take myself seriously, I thought I was dying at 17, I lost a friend then aged 19 to an abcess on the brain, thatz what started all this in the first place, I visited his grave yrs later and started to recover, ive always had this constant bloody fear though.
Im not normal...

eljay
06-07-08, 02:40
tomorrow I will worry that im tired, the fact im up until probably 3am wont enter my head, I cant believe im going down this road again, Ive always been on the verge but living quite well with my problems with the odd slip, I had my gallbladder out and suffered badly before that but nothing mentaly like this.. In my head ive thought for yrs now that if my problems came back id manage them as im ok, it doesnt work like that does it??

Alisonj
06-07-08, 03:27
I am sorry you are feeling bad. If you ever want to chat let me know. Sometimes talking to people that experience the same type of thing can really help when you are feeling bad. If you have msn I can add you.

eljay
07-07-08, 00:57
Docs appointment is in the morning, im scared for 2 reasons, firstly if there is something wrong, secondly if there isnt and he thinks im wasting his time, im hoping its the latter. My dr retired in march and was a 1 man practice so knew me well and understood me, im not so sure the ones that have taken over will be so kind, but i have to think on the possitive side and if its all ok i dont care what he thinks of me. I had a medical a month or so ago for insurance so im trying to focus on the fact that he would have picked up a problem. I hate living like this and being who i am but its me I guess. Ive been on a footie forum for years and they would never know that this is who I am :weep:

Alisonj
07-07-08, 05:14
Good Luck with your appt. Try not to be scared. You are never wasting a doctors time if you are not feeling yourself whether it be medical or not. Having anxiety over something is just as serious as any other condition. You dont deserve to feel the way you do and I hope your doctor can help. Update us when you can.

joyce99
07-07-08, 17:44
can your tongue throb with anxiety

milly jones
07-07-08, 18:28
yes hun mine does

its a muscle and it gets stressed when over used with tension

mine feels swollen today and sore at the sides cos ive had bad day.

i use salty water to help clean it when i cant use tongue scrapper.

milly xxx

joyce99
07-07-08, 18:33
mines is really sore is this normal

joyce99
07-07-08, 20:02
does it leave a horrid taste in the mouth when you have oral thrush

joyce1980
07-07-08, 20:05
Of course!
It's bad bacteria overrun in you mouth and it will be smelly unfortunatly

milly jones
07-07-08, 20:08
hun if uve just had oral thrush then it takes a while for the balance to regain.

also if ur keeping the muscle taught in anx its bound to ache hun

milly xx

milly jones
07-07-08, 20:10
yes joyce it does, but it will go once the balance is returned to normal hun

milly xx

joyce1980
07-07-08, 20:16
Oral thrush usually produces creamy white lesions on your tongue and inner cheeks and sometimes on the roof of your mouth, gums and tonsils. The lesions, which resemble cottage cheese, can be very painful and may bleed slightly when rubbed or scraped. Although oral thrush symptoms often develop suddenly, they may persist for a long time.
In severe cases, the lesions may spread downward into your esophagus — the long, muscular tube stretching from the back of your mouth to your stomach (Candida esophagitis). If this occurs, you may experience difficulty swallowing or feel as if food is getting stuck in your throat.

Here we are Joyce I looked this up on internet and cut and pasted it for you.

REMEMBER always see you Dr for proper information or an NHS nurse, as they are trained and we only know bits from our experiences.

Don't you worry Joyce UK has a great health system and they will take care of you mouth and any other worries you have.

Hope you feel better soon but the info off the internet does say thrush lasts for quite a while.

Poor thing:hugs:

joyce99
07-07-08, 20:27
yes but do you have a horrible taste in the mouth

joyce99
07-07-08, 20:29
when you have oral thrush do you get a horrible taste in mouth while you have it

joyce99
07-07-08, 20:31
the whole mouth is thrbbing tongue and roof of mouth

joyce1980
07-07-08, 20:49
Yes, why?

marie1974
07-07-08, 20:51
Its prob a mixture of the thrush and anxiety please donmt worry

joyce1980
07-07-08, 20:53
when you asked the Dr what did he/she say after you were diagnosed with thrush?

If your anxiety is getting the best of you why not try calling the NHS phone line and ask a nurse about oral thrush, you can have the nurse tell you what symptoms you will get and whats normal.

marie1974
07-07-08, 21:03
hi i think joyce1980 is right hun, you need to ring the nhs nurse and she will put you right with correct information. your anxiety is obviously causing u alot of upset too hun so i think u should talk through this with a doc or nurse. i think i rememeber u saying u were pregnant, well u really must get some help for how u are feeling, we can advise u here but u need real help which the doc will help u with hun xxx

joyce99
07-07-08, 21:08
will it still burn until its better

marie1974
07-07-08, 21:11
hun did u read my post or other posts, please ring nhs direct for medical advice cos we are trying to advise u but u are not listening and we are really trying to help u. hugs xx

nomorepanic
07-07-08, 21:23
Try sucking some ice or ice-pops to keep the tongue and mouth cool.

joyce99
07-07-08, 22:00
is it possible to get a horrid taste in the mouth when you have oral thrush

nomorepanic
07-07-08, 22:03
Yes it is Joyce

I think some people answered your other post about that as well.

Cathy V
07-07-08, 22:05
Hi Joyce, how is the bab..when is it due? do you have any names yet?

joyce99
07-07-08, 22:37
Hi Joyce, how is the bab..when is it due? do you have any names yet?i baby is fine no names yet is it possible to still have the pAIN OF THRUSH After the tongue hAS CLEARED UP AS TONGUE LOOKS CLEAR BUT STILL HAVE SOME PAIN AND BURNING IN THE MOUTH

eljay
07-07-08, 22:43
I have also been diagonosed with this today, my throat doesnt burn but feels hot if that makes sense to you, even my neck feels hot and uncomfortable.

nomorepanic
07-07-08, 22:47
Joyce

I would go back to the docs and tell them you are still suffering and let them reassure you as we don't seem able to.

You have severe HA and do need to get some help for it as you are stressing both you and the baby out here.

Go to doc and say you want referring for CBT for HA and insist they help you - please.

If you don't then next week you will find something else wrong and it will go on and on forever.

Let us know how you get on

eljay
07-07-08, 23:07
The doctor seemed very good a bit more concerned with my mental state than my mouth though, he said he thought i had thrush and my throat was inflamed, its very red but feels different than a sore throat if that makes sense. He didnt seem concerned about the dimpling on the side of my tongue so im not convinced. He offered for me to go to counselling but i declined, i dont feel i need that at the moment, he looked at history for antidepressants and said they were too strong then asked if I wanted diazapan?? couldnt quite understand that, I said no as arnt they addictive? im at the dentist on the 23rd and I have great faith in her so will see what happens. Do you feel ill or very low with oral thrush does anyone know. Ignore that i will asked on the thread.

joyce99
08-07-08, 15:44
does your mouth feel lik its burningnd throbbing

eljay
08-07-08, 16:24
my tongue aches and my throat feels hot, not burning sensation as such just hot

joyce99
08-07-08, 17:48
have this horrible taste in mouth while recovering from oral thrush any body else no about this

joyce1980
08-07-08, 18:34
Yes

because you can taste the bad bacteria, like eating mouldy cheese, beacuse there is more bacteria in older cheese ( like blu vein cheese)

Yes you will have a bad taste

ALSO YOU MAY HAVE TOO MUCH TUMMY ACID AND YOU ARE TASTING IT..... VERY COMMON IN ANXIETY PLUS WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT YOUR SENSE OF TASTE IS REALLY EXCELLENT, SO THAT PROBABLY DOESNT HELP YOU COS YOU CAN TASTE THE BACTERIA EVEN MORE THAN NORMAL

dear joyce you will be ok

marie1974
08-07-08, 18:37
hunny u have done several threads on this and had a lot of replys, your HA sounds really bad and i think u really should call the doc or nhs direct and ask them for there medical opinion, with u being pregnant and alone too i think its very important u get a medical opinion. you have done so many posts on this subject and we really want to help u but i dont think u r focusing on what we put in replys. please get a medical opinion and let us know what they say hun cos we r worried about u here and u dont seem to be reading alot of our replys properly and u keep repeating yourself, im only putting this cos i want u to get yourself better hun xxxxx

eljay
08-07-08, 18:42
Cant being pregnant in itself cause a bad taste, im sure i had a metalic taste when was having one of mine.

I agree with Donna though, you need to see a professional as the stress cant be doing you any good.

joyce1980
08-07-08, 18:44
Yeah thrush is painful no matter where you get it.

Eat some more yoghurt and se your Dr for meds as thrush does not go away on its own

AND YEAH GOOD POINT PREGNANCY DOES GIVE YOU FUNNY TASTES IN THE MOUTH, MY MUM TOLD ME THAT

Cathy V
08-07-08, 18:46
Im totally confused now. Ive just answered a post from 'savvannah' who i hope is not the same person as joyce. Savvanah, you are not joyce using a different name are you?

marie1974
08-07-08, 18:47
hiya yes i had funny taste when pregnant good point eljay and also yes yoghurt good idea too joyce

marie1974
08-07-08, 18:52
oh i just read up on savannahs posts, im confused.com lol this is all geting abit technical for my pea brain lol savannah r u joyce99? sorry just trying to work this out cos yr posts r very similar

Cathy V
08-07-08, 19:07
Ok, sorry about the confusion savvanah. what would you like to know....about your oral thrush?

joyce99
09-07-08, 19:13
dos anxiety afect your mouth have a sore mouth and tongue but nothing found help please

Cathy V
09-07-08, 19:17
Hi joyce, hows it going today. yes anxiety can affect your mouth and tongue, as well as your neck. Its the tension and can be painful. Try to relax if you can. How is the baby?

marie1974
09-07-08, 19:19
i thought u had oral thrush hun??????

nomorepanic
09-07-08, 19:24
Joyce

I have PM'd you again.

Please can you reply

Thanks

joyce1980
09-07-08, 20:47
:D hey Joyce.

Just thought I would say hi to you!

joyce99
10-07-08, 22:18
does oral thrush take time for the pain to leave your move after treatment as my treatments finished but still have a wee bit of pain left over and all swabs clear

Charlottie
11-07-08, 01:09
Joyce, please stop asking the same question when we've already answered you many times before.

marie1974
17-07-08, 23:24
i live alone and im very scared tht im gonna do something terrible cause of my thoughts the sides and tip of my tongue hurt so much

im sorry im just confused, but u say u married