PDA

View Full Version : Need your input.....

WhiteSands
24-04-05, 07:34
Hi, i am new here. I have been suffering from anxiety/panic attacks and i was thinking about hypnosis to treat it. Can you tell me how its done, how safe is it? My therapist wants to do hypnosis next week but i am scared because there are concerns i was told like for instnace my doctor told me that nasty thing could be suggested to me and all of that. Also i tend to have these thought sometimes....like repetitive thoughts about various things....may be like hurting others,etc.....its all part of the anxiety and i am also scared that wht if while under hypnosis my mind has this repetive, intrusive thought,..like for example harming others or osmething..does that mean that my mind would take that suggestion and then i will go harm pple or is that this thought is just part o fthe anxiety and it dosnt matter wht i think i am not gonna do that? Has anyone ever had such a problem or have you ever had such a thought while under hypnosis? Do you have any advise for me before i go to the hypnosis session? Your input is apprecaited. Thanks.

vernon
24-04-05, 09:19
Hi WhiteSands, Welcome to the site I am sure you will have lots of help here. I have had hypnosis and really found that self-hypnosis with a few good CDs is as good because you can afford to do it daily then. Hypnosis is only the same as deep relaxation with positive suggestions, none can give you any suggestions you don’t want as you are fully aware of everything that’s happening. The good thing about self hypnosis I have found is you can give yourself the suggestions you want. Don’t worry about hypnosis as I say you are fully in control. Take care. Vernon

seh1980
24-04-05, 09:54
hi WhiteSands,

Welcome to the forum!! :)

I have never had hypnosis myself but I know that it has helped people. Like Vern says, you are comepletely awake and in control. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Hope it goes well!! Let us know, ok?

Sarah :D

florence
24-04-05, 12:06
Hi WhiteSands

I am having hypnosis sessions at the mo, and i would recommend it to anyone, its very safe, and nothing to worry about.
Try at least once and see it for yourself....Then you can judge wether you like it or not.

Best wishes
Florence.

**A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.**