PDA

View Full Version : prozac success stories???

gradually_suddenly
05-07-08, 11:16
anyone got some inspirational stories for how prozac helped their anxiety? please don't post any negativity!

i was on prozac last year for depression and it worked, so stupidly i only stayed on it for about 6 months, when in fact i should have been on it a lot longer. i got depressed again and started worrying so much about everything, which led to this anxiety. i believe it was because i could only see the negative in situations-that lead to worrying about what could go wrong-that lead to to this anxiety blip i am experiencing now. i was on 20mg then raised it to 40mg.

i am back on prozac now, so far have taken 3 20mg pills, i am taking one every other day this week then will take one a day for the next few weeks.

JoT
05-07-08, 13:46
I took it during my last bout of anx/panic disorder 2 years ago, I was pretty much normal again within 6 mths and the doc advised me to wean off gradually by 8mths.

I was fine for 2 yrs - I did still feel some slight anx during this time but nothing I couldn't handle.

I'm now suffering with a bout of this again and I'm now on day 5 of the fluoxetine (aka prozac). I take 20mg daily. I've had some really low days during this time but I guess it's just kicking in, I had a good day yesterday and feel low again today. I seem to remember last time I started feeling better after a week or so last time I was on it.

Side effects wise, i have lost nearly 8lbs in a week, felt a bit sick, anx and depressed, but if i read something on the side effects I will feel it, so I think its all just part of my mental issues really.

So to sum up there, I think it worked wonders for me last time and fingers crossed it does again this time.

Jo