PDA

View Full Version : Going out

kate
24-04-05, 10:03
My son is playing his last footy match today for the team he has been with since he was 9. They are all 16 this year and have to move up to the adult league now!

Anyway, I have only been to see him play once this season. I hate all the noise, people I don't know, the fact that it's in a field surrounded by more fields, I just get freaked by it all really.

Well, my son has asked me to go and watch him today and I'm going to to. I can't let him down again.

My heart is racing and I feel sick. I've got to set out in the next 10 minutes and I'm shaking!

Have bottled it a teeny bit. I haven't gone with the rest of them in hubbys car, I'm going in mine so I can make a run for it if necessary.

My avoidance has got very bad just lately and I'm bored and fed up with living the "safe" life, never going anywhere etc etc.

So, wish me luck, I'll need it! [:I][:I][:I][:I]

Love Kate xx

seh1980
24-04-05, 10:08
Good for you Kate!! You'll be fine, I'm sure. :D

vernon
24-04-05, 10:10
Good luck Kate best thing to do is get out there (not easy lol). I am the same even though I go to shops in car with wife and odd places with kids in there cars I do notice I dont realy do anything alone and have been relying on others to much. hope you enjoy, and i know u will feel better u went later. Vernon

bluebottle
24-04-05, 11:27
Hi Kate,

It is only by doing the things we fear that we can build up the strength to overcome them. I know how crass that sounds but it is a fact. I hope this sentence helps you as it helps me.
"If you feel you can't do something, do it, and you'll soon learn you can do anything".

Take care.

--
Blue
"to hope till Hope creates from its own wreck the thing it contemplates"

florence
24-04-05, 11:47
Hi Kate

Well done for deciding to go, even with your fears ! Its an achievement and sign of courage, you should be proud :)
Hope everything goes well for you, let us know later how you got on.

Take care.
Florence.x

**A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.**

tattybear
24-04-05, 12:37
Hi

Its great that your facing it and trying to go.....Be positive, after its all over youwill be so glad that you did it...

Let us know how it went.

Tatty B xx

lainey
24-04-05, 12:39
Hi Kate

Hope you got on alright at the footy match, well done you for facing your fears and getting out there, I'm sure you will be fine and proud of yourself when you have done it.

Take care

Elaine x

kate
24-04-05, 12:49
Well, I'm back! And still in one piece!

Thanks for all the messages of support!

I was a bit on edge at the match, but overall I was about 80% happy with being in the situation.

The sun was shining and I was so glad that I went. They drew 2-2, last ever match together so was quite sad really.

I feel really pleased with myself now and have decided that I really must start challenging myself more. I've agreed to go to the end of season presentation night in June[:O]

Thanks again

Love Kate xx

mico
24-04-05, 13:54
Well done Kate! :)

mico

Meg
24-04-05, 13:57
Good for you Kate..

Its good that he asked you to go . Hope you did lots of shouting support.

seh1980
24-04-05, 14:27
Nice one mate!! :D

florence
24-04-05, 15:21
Hi Kate

Thats great news!! Keep up the good work [8D].

Take care
Florence.x

**A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.**

pips
24-04-05, 17:31
Hi Kate,

You go for it girl! Thinking of you hun. I do hope it all goes well for you.

Let us know.

Take care,

Love PIP'S XX

Karen
24-04-05, 23:03
Well done Kate.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

lainey
25-04-05, 09:05
Hi Kate

Well done you !
Keep positive!

Take care

Elaine x

kate
25-04-05, 15:35
Hi all,

Thanks for your messages!

The feel good happiness lasted until this morning. I had the "morning before kids go to school" from hell.

Daughter was anxious, not sure about what, and we had shouting, slamming doors and then tears, and all before 8am!

Went off to work feeling pretty poo, only to be told that we are all going to have to cut our working hours and redundancies may also be inevitable, due to profits having dropped. Who ever heard of a flipping dinner lady being made redundant??

Talk about the highs followed by the lows [xx(]

Love Kate xx

Meg
25-04-05, 17:15
Is this the pre Jamie Oliver effect ?

Sorry to hear that Kate- how are your courses going ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
25-04-05, 18:45
Hi Kate

Sorry you're having a bad day. Threatened redundancy is the last thing you need with everything else that's going on at the moment.

Hope you're feeling a little better soon.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
27-04-05, 19:54
Kate

Well done on the football!!

Sorry about the work situation mate. Just what you need at the moment eh?

When will you hear any news?

Nicola