PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I'm new

cowgirl
06-07-08, 16:22
I discovered this site by typing 'missed heart beats' into my search engine and have been reading your messages as a guest. I have found it so helpful and comforting to know that there are lots of people who get the same horrible missed heart beats as I've had for the last 4 years. I'm still struggling to convince myself that I'm not going to die and I'm trying very hard not to go the doctors again.

I first noticed them as a sort of flicking/clicking sensation quite high in my chest and didn't give it much thought at first, then suddenly I had a really bad palpitation where my heart raced so fast it took away my vision and left me sweating and absolutely terrified. It all went downhill after that, as I started to focus on my heartbeat the whole time, terrified it would happen again. It didn't, but my heart kept starting to flop around and wobble instead of beating normally, accompanied by a very cold flush in my tummy and then tingling in my arms and fingers. Of course I thought I was about to die.

I've had beta-blockers and a 24 hr ECG which, of course, showed that there was nothing wrong. I'm a keen cyclist and usually cycle between 9 and 18 miles at a time (with hills) so there can't be much wrong with my heart can there? I still get missed heartbeats even when I'm cycling, which is a puzzle cos they're supposed to stop when you exercise.

I'm really fed up of living with them every day, sometimes its every few minutes of every day, surely this can't be normal? They now feel like a horrible swallowing sensation in my upper abdomen followed by a thump. I'm not anxious about anything in my life apart from my heart. I wish it would just be normal.

marie1974
06-07-08, 17:16
hi cowgirl and welcome to nmp, you will get lots of advice ans support here and meet new friends too hugs xxx

teabag
06-07-08, 17:51
Hey cowgirl. Nice to meet you! Hope you are feeling better and that this site helps you like its helped me. There is always friendly advice given and everyone is helpful and kind. xx

chalky
06-07-08, 19:18
Hi Cowgirl,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
06-07-08, 19:33
hi cowgirl

welcome to nmp

were all normal here, as normal as u can be with anx anyway lol

milly xxx :hugs: