PDA

View Full Version : My first post -

FRST
06-07-08, 18:32
Hi everybody. What I brilliant community.

Having stubbled on to the site by chance (link from yahoo) I have to say, what a relief. I did not know what I was experiencing or whether I was right in beliving that I was suffering quite badly with anxiety but it now seems that I am.

My story begins about 5 weeks ago. My wife suffered an allegic reaction to something which caused her ears to become very itchy and swell. She went to the doctors who gave her some sort of red pill which she took and cleared the problem within a couple of days. All good and we are due to go on holiday on Wednesday. Unfortunately since then this is what I have been thinking.

Now you must forgive me and I dont want to be judged as I know I made a mistake but I had a one night stand almost a year ago. Dont ask me why, it was the first in my life and happy to say it will be my last. Anyway sex was protected with a condom and I was not in any fear of contracting any STD's.

Now as soon as my wife's ears started to become red and swell and even though this cleared up very quickly my thoughts were Oh my God what if I contracting something from that incident and have I passed it on. From that moment my skin became very itchy (no rash), and my cheeks and ears became bright red. I have always had rosey cheeks and my ears red too but this time it was extreme. Then once this had died down both my ears became blocked!!! the itching continued and I could not get rid of my blocked ears. I went to the doctors who checked my ears and throat but there was no infection of any kind. I went away and still could not get rid of the blocked ears. I tried sudafed, nose sprays etc but nothing could shift this and as you can now imaging I was becoming more and more anxious about what was causing this. I started to get a numb left foot which seemed to be very cold but was not. no change in colour just the same as normal but it kept feeling cold. The problem always went away when I came home but when I was at work it would not go away. Then I staretd to get pins and needles very occasionally in part of my hand and foot and again when I came home from work this dissapeared. It seemed as though I was anxious to be away from my wife who I just wanted to be ok and she was. As the weeks went by I still couldnt get rid of those thoughts of guilt and what could of happned and I started to become dizzy and have feelings of pressure in my head and although my vision hasnt been effected it sometimes feels that I can not see clearly.
I can fall asleep quite easily and would wake up feeling normal. As soon as I would leave the house and get to work the symptoms would re-appear until I was home with my family.

It felt as though my subconcious knew I had nothing to worry about but my concious mind would not let me forget my mistake and this makes me feel even more guilty.

Having read the page on Symptoms it has confirmed to me what I have been feeling recently and hopefully I should now start making progress in getting myself back to normal. I hadnt noticed before but having read the symptoms page my breathing has been very fast and short which is probably what has caused what I have been experiencing.

As I siad above I do not want to be judged for my mistake as I know it was wrong but I do have a question and any comments will be very appreciated. Now that I am aware of what I have been experiencing and taking measures to get my thoughts back to normal how long will it be before I start noticing changes and forgetting about the last few weeks.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Steve

chalky
06-07-08, 19:16
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
06-07-08, 19:57
hi steve

a warm welcome to nmp

nobody judges here and ull find loads of support

milly xxx

marie1974
06-07-08, 20:00
hiya steve and welcome, you would never be judged here hun, you will get lots of advice and support and meet new friends too. hugs xx

FRST
06-07-08, 21:11
Thanks for the warm welcome. Just what I needed.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the physical symptoms I have been experiencing and how long will it before I can shake off the itchy skin etc?

thanks again

Steve