PDA

View Full Version : a muscle thing?

jewels26
06-07-08, 22:28
hi all

hpe your all fine

one of the things which is annoying me at the moment is this sensation i gt in my stomach

my muscles are so tight in my stomach, chest and back at the moment it is causing alot of pain. my issue is that when i am doing my relaxation or feel very relaxed i feel this like releasing sensation or a very large twitch which i think is the muscles in the top of my stomach which makes me jump and then it sends me into a panic again. there is no pain. just butterflies. blood flow returning?

can anyone relate to this?

julie :)

Cathy V
06-07-08, 22:37
Hi there. It sounds like your muscles are so tense that when you do your relaxation thing, they go into a bit of a twitchy spasm when releasing the tension. Sounds like you need maybe to have a massage regularly if your muscles are so tense they give you pain. Over here in germany ppl have a weekly massage as a matter of course (they are very into 'wellness' as they call it) and i booked a couple of sessions at the beginning of the year...ive never been so pummelled in all my life! they take it very seriously. I think im the only person in the town with anxiety probs haha!

Try not to worry, there are worse symptoms from tension and anxiety believe me, but you shouldnt be in apin, so maybe look into the massage thing.

Take care
cathy xxx :)

Alisonj
07-07-08, 05:17
stretch stretch as much as you can. Take daily breaks from whatever you are doing and just stretch. Also get a long stocking and put a tennis ball in it. It allows you to run it up and down your back and feels great! I always get tight and tense and it also affects me but when I take the time to relax and stretch it helps alot!

AcroSplat
07-07-08, 07:38
When you say stomach .... do you mean your actual stomach ? ie: the oval sac shaped thing on the upper left hand side of your body or your abdomen ie: where your intestines are ?

I think ive been feeling something similar where my small intestines are. Very strange twitch feeling, and i have had alot of anxiety over the past 2 months, so i assume its just that - Anxiety related.

jewels26
08-07-08, 00:49
hi

i think it is all the muscle surrounding the stomach, abdomen etc it also happens in my chest, back muscles when they have been really tight. i am just trying to believe it's because my body has become over sensitised. you do tend to beaware of every little thing which is happening to your body. there's anxiety for you!!

i have now given my anxiety an actual name (bert) so when he raises his ugly head i tell him off, have a conversation with him and tell him to take a break. bit of a game. strange i know but it does distract me lol :D

julie

Alisonj
08-07-08, 01:51
What a great idea! I picture my anxiety as an ugly monster but have never though of naming it!

Dooges
12-08-08, 08:34
Hi Jewels,

I am having a twitching problem to along with my other worries.
Mine is jut under my sternum on the right side. Maybe slightly under my ribs as well.. Just a little twitch, no pain but happens frequently thoughout the day for the last 2 weeks.
I'm also having strange feelings of bloating or tightness in the middle of my stomach just above my belly botton when standing. It feels ok while sitting or lying. And I'm having a weird feeling in there as well after a bowel movement. ery weird and worrying me a lot..
I have a colonoscopy & endoscopy scheduled for Thursday to see whats going on.
Fingers crossed
Dooges