PDA

View Full Version : starting meds for first time.

puresugar
08-07-08, 12:07
firstly i suffer with agoraphobia & panic attacks ..never leave home alone and if i go out only for a short time with husband or parents and only near home
:scared15: sertraline 50 mg must admit i feel quite scared...
my husband is not happy that i have been given them (doesnt belive they work )
i am going to see my gp again in 2 weeks so thought i would try to keep a diary on here .then if i have good or bad effects i will know when things happened .
any tips advice with regards to this medication would be great
helenx
ps hope this is the right place to post this if not pls let me know ..

yorkylover
08-07-08, 13:02
Hey Helen,Im the same as you.Have anxiety,PA's and cant go out far without my partner or parents!!!!!:weep: Give the meds ago and see how things are in a few weeks.Meds work for some people and not others.Have you been offered other help?:hugs:

puresugar
08-07-08, 14:00
no other help at the mo
but to be fair i have got a new gp who knew very little about my problems
my appointment didnt go well as i was in such a state been ill the last few day know i had to go and didnt sleep well last night .
am going back again in 2 weeks have just forced myself to take my first tablet . will just have to see how it goes .
as gp said we will get there in baby steps and i should stop trying to do to much to quick .as it only makes things worse when i dont do as well as i think i should
hard to belive 4yrs ago i had a scotter and drove all over linclonshire on it
while working 3 jobs ..
have just found a agoraphobia diary thread and that is really quite an eye opener
thanks for you coments
helenx

yorkylover
09-07-08, 09:54
Helen,I used to do all kinds of things to,try and carry on with the meds.Small steps at a time.:hugs:

jo61
09-07-08, 10:55
My hubby also believes that taking meds is a waste of time. However, I've found the right cocktail and they're working for me so I'll take them as long as I need to. It's a good idea to keep a diary until you've built up a relationship with a new doctor.
:hugs:

tafflass
09-07-08, 13:18
hi puresugar
ive been on sert for about 2 years ive just finished with them. i didnt feel they realy benefitted me in anyway.
everyone is different though, always remember that.
good luck with your recovery and hope you get on well with your new doc.

good idea to keep tabs on things as feelings change and veary from day to day, keep ya chin up chick and keep smileing:yesyes: xtafflassx

puresugar
11-07-08, 11:12
thanks everone for your suport :hugs:
update day 3 on 50 mg sertraline
i had upset tum first day but dia calm did the trick
sometimes feel a little sick ,grogey but try to do something and take my mind of it.
for someone who was really worried about taking meds i am now wondering why i made a fuss:blush: . so hopefully i am not going to have any bad side effects but just hope they help.
will post on this thread if i get any if i notice any more good /or bad effects from taking this drug..
love to all helenx

puresugar
12-07-08, 23:37
well day 5 and have still got tummy problems,diarrhoea ,feeling sick ,cramps, first thing in the morning is difficult when i dont feel all there /still half asleep.
well it could be worse roll on next week hopefully side effects wont get any worse . i panic attacks/agoraphobia are worse so am determind to give med at least a few months.
helen x

puresugar
13-07-08, 15:17
day 6
dont know if its the meds but i am such a cluts to day no co-ordication
trying to cook keep hiting my foot with oven door ,drop things all day including coffee on laptop shhhh.. dont tell hubbie just not quite with it today
hopefully just one of those days ...but now i have put it down on here dont have to worry /think about it all day .. if that makes sence
helen..x

puresugar
16-07-08, 12:04
well day 7 was a blurr bad day ... but not caused by meds
day 8 still feel sick gone of food but could do to loss a few pounds..
so alll in all not to bad ...just wondering what these meds are going to do to help me dont really feel any different...
love to all helenx