PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe it

sulmare
08-07-08, 12:20
I have in the past 2 weeks started taking citalopram and cannot believe how much better I feel... I keep waiting for the bubble to burst, but I feel so much more happy and positive, I am amazed :yesyes:

I have tried numerous drugs over the years, and took amitriptyline for a long time but never felt this good. I was prescribed citalopram a couple of years back, I took a couple of pills but my anxiety increased tenfold so I binned them in favour of the amitriptyline. Which eventually I stopped taking because of the side-effects.

Recently, having been without meds for about 4 months, doing fine without, but having a cyclical mood swing and chronic anxiety, so bad that I didn't want to leave the house. I thought, I have to try something if I am ever going to break this cycle, so decided to give citalopram another go, not knowing how it would affect me, and dreading the feeling of the increased anxiety I had before hand, but I thought, I will have to persevere..

Well, I started to feel tons better almost straight away :ohmy:

I realise it's still early days, and I do have a couple of mild side effects, increased sweating, though not heavily and difficulty urinating, but I feel so good, I cannot believe how different I am :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I know this drug won't and doesn't work for everyone, but please persevere, don't suffer for years like me, thinking no medications will help you, eventually you will find one that will, and even if you had a bad reaction once before on something, it may be worth giving it a second go....:winks:

if I crash and burn, I will let you know!!!! :sign20:

marie1974
08-07-08, 23:13
hi tina big hugs and im so pleased u r feeling better xxxxxx