PDA

View Full Version : afraid of being alone at night

kevsterjw
25-04-05, 09:52
Hi everybody,

i've been on these forums for a while but never posted before. In feb this year I started suffering from severe anxiety and stress, i ended up being off work for a month. In that time i saught the help of a hypniotherapist and up until yesterday I was so well on track it would be a matter of weeks and i'd of been totally normal again.

I've been staying at my fiance's parents house since i've been ill and everything was fine i was in a nice routine and chugging along nicely, then yesterday BANG they said out of no where that I couldn't stay the night I don't know where on earth it came from but I lost all control and went into total panic for hours.

They eventually ended up letting me stay but it was along the lines of "LET THE F**KER stay then, im not interested in talking about it"

I think that they think I just want to stay cos its nice to stay with the one you love. But me and my fiance know its much more than that and i need to know i'm not alome at night. I slept for two hours in total last night and am exhausted today. I'm so worried they'll not let me stay tonight cos of how i played up last night but they wont listen to me to tell them teh reason, there is a very good reason but i'll not discuss on here but it is the root of all my troubles.

I'm so worried they'll tell her she can't see me anymore and i don't know what i'd do if it came to that. My fiance is my total rock and i love her to bits. I said to them i'd come when everybody id asleep and leave before anyone gets up i just want to stay the night with her. I feel like i've taken such a step back and i was doing so well.

seh1980
25-04-05, 09:56
hello there,

Welcome aboard!! :)

It must be very difficult for you at the moment - I know that I hate being alone, especially at night. Could it be that your fiancee's parents don't really understand what you are going through? Maybe if you sat down and talked to them, they would realise how much it means to you not to be alone at night..

Sarah :D

tattybear
25-04-05, 10:02
Hi

I agree with Sarah - Have you actually explained to your finaces parents how your finding things at the moment?

Im sure if you explain fully and openly about it to them with your finace, they will be able to see why you are staying over.

Tatty B xx

kevsterjw
25-04-05, 10:02
yeah all i want to do is talk to them and tell them but they wont listen. [Sigh...]

i thought that they were quite modern parents and they'd be cool about it, but they just didn't want to know. I want to sort this a.s.a.p. but i get the feeling that they just want and end to it NOW, no patience with me to deal with it.

The hardest thing is i really like them and have some very good laughs with them but saw another side last night and felt like a total outsider. I'm part of teh family now i'm going to marry their daughter and i just don't understand.

sue447
25-04-05, 10:30
hiya,
i also hate being alone at night, my partner does alot of nights, your def not alone, the first night i was left alone i panicked quite alot but as the nights went by i started to feel a little better, i keep thinking whats the point in winding myself up, nothings going to happen to me, and it aint yet, so i occupy my mind by playing playstation, watching tv in bed and ill read until i eventually drop off to sleep, i know its very hard,and you will beat it in the end,
take care luv sue

kevsterjw
25-04-05, 12:19
i rang her dad and he was ok just said that something needs to be sorted out and i agree it does. i felt good after speaking to him but the missus has just text me and told me that her mum wants a chat with her tonight, now i absolutely terrified and on teh verge of loosing it again cos i just knwo that she is going to tell my fiance to leave me or something god i don't know what to do i'm at work and i just want to cry my eyes out but cant.

tattybear
25-04-05, 12:31
HI

Its great that youve spoken to her dad about this.

Your finace's mum probably just wants to chat to her about the situation and maybe this will make them understand a bit better - I am sure she's not gonna tell her to leave you....your finace obvuously loves you and cares about you and wants to help you to get thru this - she wont just leave you.

Tatty B xx

seh1980
25-04-05, 13:34
I really hope it all works out for you!! :D

Meg
25-04-05, 17:05
Hello,

It could be one of several chats they want to have.. and it might not be as bad as you think it might be.

Hope is is ok .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
25-04-05, 18:32
Hope it goes all right for you tonight.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tattybear
25-04-05, 19:12
Hi Kevster

Just thought I'd say that I hope it all goes well tonight...

Let us know how you get on.

Take Care

Tatty B xx

kairen
25-04-05, 19:18
Hi kev,

I hope it goes ok tonight, i wouldnt have thought they would be trying to get her lo leave you maybe they just feel they want there house back to just the family for a few days, i know i dont like people being in my house to much maybe the mum and dad just want a bit of privacy, try not to worry to much about what could happen, it may not and you will have wasted all that energy for nothing

take care and good luck

kairen x

kevsterjw
26-04-05, 06:16
well i don't know what actually happened cos i was out last evening but the missuss told me to come round so not sure how thing are at the mo.

Think i can stay but thats it not take part in anything during the week. i.e. arrive at bed time and get up early and go. I can deal with that although i don't really understand it.

kevsterjw
26-04-05, 07:53
just found out that nothing is sorted last night was a one off. she's talking to her dad tonight about it.

going off at a tangent a bit - We've got our house to move into and it just can't come quick enough, we've had our offer accepted, got a mortgage picking a solicitor today. does anyone know how long it'll take before its our and we can move in roughly?

seh1980
26-04-05, 08:54
Hope the house gets sorted soon!! :D

kevsterjw
26-04-05, 09:46
so do I. just sorted out the solicitors. I've never felt like this i'm worse than the original anxiety. I can't believe that they could very easily and simply with no impact on their lives help me and they wont.

The solicitors said 2 months is a good idea to aim for for everything to be sorted. what am i going to do until then. I can't think of any of the hypnotherapy i've had or anything now its all just gone and i really am slipping back to how i was.

kevsterjw
27-04-05, 08:29
well they are letting me stay at nights so thats good. I do feel a little knocked back by this but i just need to get my confidence back again. I've done it once before so it'll come.

seh1980
27-04-05, 09:34
Glad to hear that they are letting you stay - hopefully you will start to feel better soon!! :D