PDA

View Full Version : unbearable pain

libbie
08-07-08, 14:05
dont know where to start really, just need some advice, or someone to put my mind at rest. it all started with pains in my shins, sharp quick pains, not very often, anyway, i was convinced it was to do with smoking, my circulation etc, so visited doctors, who checked my circulation, said everything was fine. then started getting pains in the front of my thighs like a hard sqeezing pain, that was there constantly, again, visited doctors who did blood tests and all came back ok, by this time pain was getting worse, nothing would get rid of it, i was back and fro from doctors, who i felt were just not listening. anyway the next time i went i took a friend with me. the doctor listened and said to try amitriptylene which is an antidrepresant - no way was i taking that, i wasnt depressed i had pains in my legs. but he took time to explain that at a low dose it helped soothe nerve endings. so started taking them at night, they helped me sleep, so at least had a break from pain. but it was not easing it during the day, so back again to doctors who did further blood test, again all clear. one day i d had enough, i went to doctors and told him he either gave me something to stop this pain or i would chuck myself off a bridge, the pain was that bad. he told me to go home and would ring me in an hour or so, he was going to phone the hospital. anyway true to his word he rang and said, go to hospital, they are going to admit you, but come and get this letter before you go. so i did, but curiousity got the better of me and i read the letter, it said suspected m.s. well, i was in a right state. i know i shouldnt have read it, but i did. gets to hospital and neouroligist tested me, and said it could be anything, he wouldnt even suggest m.s. at this moment in time, because its multiple, you have it multiple times before being diagnosed. anyway said i didnt have to stay in (which i was greatly relieved about) but said he would send for me for an mri scan, which i ve now had. still awaiting results. but the pain in my legs is now unbearable, its travelled down to my feet, it seems to be squeezing the life out of my knees, its really hard to describe, like a bad toothache in the bottom of my legs. the doctor has now given me 50mg of tramadol, which hasnt taken away the pain, maybe taken the edge off it, but made me really dizzy. im at my wits end now. i know lots have people on here have suffered with their legs, has anyone else suffered what im suffering? any tips? anthing really would be appreciated. sorry to go on, but im so frustrated. did a google at beginning when pain first started, i ended up having allsorts, so trying not to go down that road.

libbie x

shiv
08-07-08, 14:22
Hi mate. Not really much i can say other than to sit tight for these results. However on the other hand, people do experience excrutiating pain in various parts of the body that is down to anxiety: I had the most awful ongoing stomach pains for months, ended up in hospital once and it was gastritis but oh the pain.( I too ended up on head-spinning painkiller!) So this might be stress related. I think you'll just have to wait and see what the results say but i don't think mri results take very long to come through. ( My husband had one last year due to seizures)

Take care

Siobhan x

libbie
08-07-08, 18:55
hi siobhan,
thanks for replying. i know anxiety can cause great pain and distress, but its hard to come to terms with when no one else seems to have the same symptoms. thank you for the reassurance

libbie x

nikkinik
09-07-08, 13:21
Hi,

Im sorry I cant offer much advice, I just wanted to suggest 'Syndol' they do work for me (I only need one), they done make me dizzy but they do relax.

HTH.

Hang tight for your scan results xx.

k2626
25-09-08, 23:48
Hi Libbie, I wanted to see what the latest is? I am having similiar issues...

brandy
26-09-08, 15:54
I have these pains to and like everyone else i google and end up having everything possible, have you had results back yet, would like to know

kate
26-09-08, 21:24
I have Sciatica but most of the pain is in my legs. Had it down one leg for about 2 months now have it in the other. The pain is awful and is there 24 hours a day. My leg hurts from the thigh down to the foot, feels like the muscle is being squeezed constantly and then tends to seize up, especially after a night in bed.

Could this be your problem?

Kate

ElizabethJane
26-09-08, 21:46
Hello Libbie I dont know what is causing your pain and I wont try to diagnose what is wrong. I'm allergic to most pain killers including tramadol. Is there any thing that makes the pain worse or better? When I hurt my back a few weeks ago I panicked because there is very little I can take for pain relief. I've seen an osteopath who is treating me now. I was to rest completely. At home it was difficult to get comfortable. Can you get comfortable ie placing as pillow between your knees and getting really warm and comfy? It is easy to panic when we dont know what is causing the pain. Some good music or a relaxation cd might help you to feel less stressed. Take care.

k2626
29-09-08, 00:17
For 4 months I have had mirgratory pains all over my body, it will hit for a min or so then go away and come back to a new area. At teh onset of my pain I started gettnig extreme joint cracking. Now for 2 months I have had non stop muscle twitches.

All tests okay so far, though lyme is in question.

Anyone else have this? Sometimes the pains are deep and burning, like in my fingers or toes, other times pulsating like in my shins..

libbie
01-10-08, 14:40
hiya,

just to let you know, had the results of the mri test, its all clear, no degenerative disease. But still dont know what it is, maybe it is anxiety, maybe not, but i ll have to learn to live with it, cause every test shows up clear. which i suppose is good. they have eased a bit, but still there, 8 months later!

libbie