PDA

View Full Version : New and having an attack as we speak

bellabum
08-07-08, 18:58
Hi

I found this forum while looking up symptoms of panic attacks on the web.

I'm just coming down from a MAJOR attack - I've never had one like it. I honestly thought I was having a heart-attack.

I've been having really weird sensations throughout - pain in my ear and neck (I have been stressed out all day).

Does anyone else ever get those symptoms?

Thanks in advance.

eeyorelover
08-07-08, 19:06
hi there and welcome to the site.
Yes I have had pain in my neck from an attack.
The thing is that when a panic attack happens your muscles contract and that is what can cause pain like you are experiencing right now.
WELL DONE for getting through the panic and now you know that you can make it through and that you weren't really having a heart attack.
Knowing this will make the next time much easier because you can use this knowledge to tell yourself that you made it through before and you will again.

If you haven't read the help pages yet you might want to read this...
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=panicattack

Sending HUGS to you!!!!
xxx
Sandy

Southern_Belle
08-07-08, 19:11
Hi Bella,

Welcome to the site. I agree with all that Sandy said. Great job for hanging in there through your attack. My neck hurts a lot too. Many here will understand what you are going through and you will get support. I'm sorry for the reason you are here but glad you found us.

Take care,

Laura

bellabum
08-07-08, 19:35
Thanks - I used to get a lot of panic attacks, but managed to stop them (more rest, more exercise, less stress etc). I know why I got it as I'm involved in a very complicated issue with various agencies and the school over my son's SEN provision, but I really can't remember them ever being this bad.

Do they get worse as you get older or do I just not remember how bad they were?

Nibbles
08-07-08, 20:25
Hi Bellabum and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

I don't think panic attacks get worse as you get older but are instead due to the amount of stress. From personal experience I find that sometimes I'm struggling and at others I'm feeling much better.

Take care,

Mike :)

bellabum
08-07-08, 21:00
I can't stop crying now - have been for about an hour - is this also normal?

Nibbles
08-07-08, 21:02
Yes I think so. It's probably a good thing that you can let it out too. Panic attacks are exhausting both emotionally and physically and I've cried myself too.

Take care,

Mike :)

bellabum
08-07-08, 21:07
I think I need to go to bed - I feel so drained.

Thank you all for your support and hopefully I can support others on-going (I'm not usualy this wet, trust me)

Lindalou64
08-07-08, 21:13
Hello Bella And Welcome...wish Ya Well.....linda

milly jones
09-07-08, 12:08
hi bella

welcome to nmp

love milly xxx

nomorepanic
09-07-08, 19:54
Hi Bella

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

weeble40
12-07-08, 17:01
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx