PDA

View Full Version : Any women who have come off citalopram

Wee Lisa
08-07-08, 19:03
sorry to keep going on about it, but my period is now nearly 5 days late, and my pregnancy tests have all been negative. (ive been trying for more of a family)

I've (I@ve) been getting the sypmtoms, which can obviously be pmt too though!

does coming off these tablets affect your cycle? Im staring to worry now, as ive had an ectopic pregnancy in the past, and all my tests came back negative then!!!!:unsure:

marie1974
08-07-08, 23:05
cant help u with meds hun but just wanted to send u a hug xxx

CliveL
09-07-08, 01:11
not a woman, but be careful , I had a second breakdown when I stopped citalopram, talk to your GP

ladygrom
09-07-08, 07:07
hi lisa i came off citalopram in january after bein on them for 8 months my periods avnt realy settled down since until just please try not to worry im sure theyl settle down bit for you tc x x x

andie73
09-07-08, 16:31
Hi

Don't know if it's meds even though I used to take citalapram. But I do know that worrying can really affect your cycle. I'm trying for baby again after miscarriage and my cycle is all over the place. I think when you've lost a baby it's very hard when you are trying again. Every month I'm thinking am I, am I not. If I think I am I'm scared then when I find out I'm not I'm disappointed. It's awful, and you don't understand unless you've been there. Even if you aren't thinking about being pregnant again, it's probably there in the back of your mind. I would try not to worry, hard I know. You could go to your docs for a more sensitive urine test, it picks up much lower levels of Hcg than a home test. I had one done few months ago when I was two weeks late. It may put your mind at rest.

Take care and you're not alone.

Wee Lisa
10-07-08, 18:53
Thanks everybody.

I woke up in excruitiating pain yesterday morning.....and started bleeding again :mad:

Saw my doctor, and shes run some tests, but it looks like ive miscarried again.

Am holding up ok.............so far.............trying just to look forward (made sure i went back to work today)...........although i cant pretend it doesnt hurt.

Sarah26
25-08-08, 12:06
Big Hugs For U Lisa Xxxx