PDA

View Full Version : Twitching

LisaS
25-04-05, 15:15
hi can anyone help?

For the last couple of months I have had twitches in my muscles, mainly my legs and especially when i'm trying to get to sleep. I can't work out if its anxiety or a side effect of my meds, effexor xr. Could it be the effects of it wearing out at the end of the day? I also feel quite down in the mornings before i've taken my tablet, is that just normal or again, is it because the meds are wearing off? Does it even work like that? sorry to ask so many questions!

thanks,
Lisa
xxx

seh1980
25-04-05, 16:58
hi Lisa,

My legs used to twitch quite a lot when I was on Cipralex. It said in the instructions that it could cause that. Maybe it's the same with your meds..? Nothing to worry about though.

Sarah :D

Meg
25-04-05, 17:08
Hi Lisa,

Its a fairly common symptom. Exercise is really helpful here.

Twitching: twitching (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3103)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

jill
27-04-05, 20:53
Hi Lisa

Allthough I am alot better these days I still get some symtoms of anxiaty, twitches in my muscles is one of them. Sometimes it feels like someone is tapping me on my leg. It is strange but I just ignore it and it goes away.
I am not on any meds.

TAKE CARE LOVE JILLXX

bananarbabe
28-04-05, 01:51
Hi Lisa

I get those twiches on occasion when I am a little stressed out. I've learned to ignore them after time.