PDA

View Full Version : Need to be brave and face my fears

turnthelighton
09-07-08, 08:55
Another day of worring about my health, I do have some good days but something reminds and off I go into a spiral of HA!!!

Like most of you I feel I am always questioning, saying what if and going to the doctors.

I saw the post earlier about normal MRI, I wish mine was even though
the neurologist said it was nothing to worry about I did have two white spots.

My current symptoms are as follows:

Funny/wierd vision, can not really explain it but know it is different
Floaters
Tremor in left hand
Twitches
Tired
One eye smaller than the other

I have had others but these are my current ones. I have been to the doctors and got some great advice from here to. The doctors have put it down to anxiety and depression and can not find anything wrong with my eyes and seem to have the answer for all my alements and tell me not to worry.

So why can I not stop worrying, I have now convinced myself that I need another MRI as I must have MS or Brain Tumor.

I know I have posted this all before and I bet you are thinking not her again but I dont know which way to turn and I seem to be pushing people away with my constent worry.

One part of my says ask for another MRI and the other side says dont be silly they will find something wrong!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:scared11:

missstressedout
09-07-08, 09:37
hey i know what its like everyday i have something new wrong with me or so i think:weep: at this very moment i have a sore leg which i think is a DVT:scared15: yesterday pains in my chest had me thinking the obvious HEART ATTACK it is so tiresome :weep: anyway i have floaters in my eyes shakes blurred vision sometimes my floaters are really bright lights so im thinking brain tumour!!

my doc says im fine though an i have got a great relaxation tape by david landau check out his site an get urself a tape theyreally do help

xxx

Trixie
09-07-08, 12:00
Another day of worring about my health, I do have some good days but something reminds and off I go into a spiral of HA!!!

Like most of you I feel I am always questioning, saying what if and going to the doctors.

I saw the post earlier about normal MRI, I wish mine was even though
the neurologist said it was nothing to worry about I did have two white spots.

My current symptoms are as follows:

Funny/wierd vision, can not really explain it but know it is different
Floaters
Tremor in left hand
Twitches
Tired
One eye smaller than the other

I have had others but these are my current ones. I have been to the doctors and got some great advice from here to. The doctors have put it down to anxiety and depression and can not find anything wrong with my eyes and seem to have the answer for all my alements and tell me not to worry.

So why can I not stop worrying, I have now convinced myself that I need another MRI as I must have MS or Brain Tumor.

I know I have posted this all before and I bet you are thinking not her again but I dont know which way to turn and I seem to be pushing people away with my constent worry.

One part of my says ask for another MRI and the other side says dont be silly they will find something wrong!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:scared11:

And how would you feel if you did have a brain tumour?:)

turnthelighton
09-07-08, 12:03
I dont know to be honest.

Trixie
09-07-08, 12:28
Some people would feel relieved that at last they had found something wrong.

turnthelighton
09-07-08, 12:58
Yes I can understand that, it is like you dont really want anything to be wrong but you want to understand why you dont feel well.

Can I ask why you asked me that question in the first place?

Thanks

Trixie
09-07-08, 13:00
Yes I can understand that, it is like you dont really want anything to be wrong but you want to understand why you dont feel well.

Can I ask why you asked me that question in the first place?

Thanks

It is just that for many members on this board that is one of their greatest fears and it seems to control their lives. I wondered how many would feel relieved after years of worry to find they actually had one?

turnthelighton
09-07-08, 13:58
Oh I see, good point.

Trixie
09-07-08, 14:16
It is strange having a brain tumour is something I never thought about even when my friends grandson had one five years ago.:shrug:

turnthelighton
09-07-08, 19:09
my problem is I google the symptoms and look for answers. Also not having a clear MRI has always been at the back of my mind.

nomorepanic
09-07-08, 19:29
Have you read the symptoms page on the website here?

turnthelighton
09-07-08, 20:39
Thank you for the first time I have read the whole lot and thought wow, that is me.

I have also listened to relaxing music and lighted some nice candles and I am not feeling as anxious as this morning.

(fingers crossed)

JoT
09-07-08, 21:40
Hi

Can i ask did you see the the two white spots and assume it was something, or did the doc see it and say there was nothing to worry about?

Either way, these doctors are experienced, if they even suspected there was something untoward/mysterious there, they would have called you back for another MRI to make sure, they wouldn't risk it.

I know it's hard to except, cos I am the same when I'm in the throes of it - all of the symptoms you describe are typical of anxiety. I've had those floaters and dizzyness all day today, sometimes I get twitchy - not noticed my eye sizes but I'll be checking that later on :D

Honestly, please try not to worry - the docs know what they are doing.

Take care
Jo x

Trixie
09-07-08, 22:02
my problem is I google the symptoms and look for answers. Also not having a clear MRI has always been at the back of my mind.

What does it show up then?

turnthelighton
10-07-08, 10:00
What does it show up then?

A list of things as my symptoms can fit into lots of other things, though of course I look for the worst thing it could be and fix on that.

Mad I know.

turnthelighton
10-07-08, 10:02
Hi

Can i ask did you see the the two white spots and assume it was something, or did the doc see it and say there was nothing to worry about?

Jo x

The doctor showed me I was to scared to look at first, he said that the spots were the wrong shape and wrong location to be lessions and could be cholestoral spots. (please excuse my spelling!)

JoT
10-07-08, 11:25
The doctor showed me I was to scared to look at first, he said that the spots were the wrong shape and wrong location to be lessions and could be cholestoral spots. (please excuse my spelling!)

There ya go then, no need to worry - that must be a common thing. Hope you feel a bit less worried today :hugs: