PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Leicester?

nikkinik
09-07-08, 12:54
Hi,
Im Nikki and Ive been living in Leicester for a while now.. Yet I still haven't been able to make that many friends here.. well, none actually!! And worryingly.. after years of first writing this post, that fact remains! I feel its hard to keep friends who don't really understand what it can be like, and some get fed up when you cant easily pop out for a coffee without giving it a second thought!

What with the HA and general ill health.. the agoraphobia, panic and now IBS, all mean I find it difficult to meet and keep a friend! (I sound like a right saddo! lol)

Frankly Im fed up of being a loner! It would be good to make a friend I could actually see from time to time, chat on the phone with, text or watch a DVD with or something, rather than having no one! However, I would like to take things slow, Ive had a few replies to the thread, one in particular was very pushy and it made me realise that these things can take time to build up courage and trust etc. For some of us it might be much harder to meet up than it would be for someone without agoraphobia or panic issues.. So while one person might be ready to meet tomorrow, some may not (me, for one!), so it may be worth keeping some patience in mind, as well as the fact we might all not get along or gel with eachother?

I live in Leicester (quite far from the city centre though, more Ashby side)

Anyone else in a similar boat?

Nikkixx.

nikkinik
27-11-08, 13:13
anyone? :(

daisy76
17-12-08, 21:11
Hi Nikkinik

im in northants not far from you. I am as nutty as it gets :)

PM me when u have time.

XX

anna66
17-12-08, 23:36
Im in Grantham, but love shopping in Leicester!
xx

wayne
29-12-08, 19:12
hi niknik I am leicester born and bred and as mad as a hatter.
near the Belgrave area if you know it

geddy
29-12-08, 21:31
i live near leicester

Kirstoff
05-01-09, 22:40
I've lived in Leicester all my life and have issues coming out of my ears. Would be cool to talk to someone who actually understands what's going on inside my head.:roflmao:

catsmother
07-02-09, 18:02
Hi

Just got active on the forum during a bad spell although I joined in July. I live near Leicester:)

Tx

nikkinik
23-04-09, 14:33
Hi all,

So would any of you like to meet up at anytime.. maybe email or chat on MSN first?

It would be good to get out and about with someone who understands :)

always-ill
02-05-09, 09:58
Hi Nik,

Im a Leics gal and as balmy as a beaver! Apart from everyone on here I feel I must be the only person in the world with mental health issues!! Good job I have a good sense of humour and can laugh at myself! Anyway, I think a meet up would be great, if not a bit of a challenge, I know from experience how hard these things are to arrange, but I will watch this space!

PoppyC
05-05-09, 16:39
Hi again :)
I have posted previously and I live in a village in Derbyshire although originally from Leicestershire.
I would like to email or MSN with others. I can do meet ups but its not essential for me and I am just happy to email or chat.

bluebottle
08-09-09, 20:52
Hey, it seems we have quite a few local people interested.

nikkinik
10-11-09, 13:35
Hi,

Ive just spotted all the replies on this thread :-/

If anyone wants to chat with me Id be happy :) See what happens from there? Meeting up seems so scary sometimes, esp as we're strangers (theres that possibility one of us is a mad axe murderer!! lol), but Id be happy to have someone to talk to and take it from there?

Pm me if you want :)

Hollyhardwick
15-11-09, 16:16
I am from Leicester aswell,near to coalville..

PoppyC
17-11-09, 19:46
Hi
I was from Leicestershire but now in Derbyshire.
Feel free to pm if you wish.
Poppy

nikkinik
05-02-11, 13:10
Hi,
I just wondered if anyone is still around.. Or if youve all moved, got better.. blah blah..

:) :)

Sekost
15-03-11, 16:53
Hi Nik im from leicester

uncletravelingric
15-03-11, 19:29
hey there, i'm living in ashby if anyone is on facebook and fancys a chat hook me up....richard heathcote.

Sekost
19-03-11, 17:31
Hi blue,

Im not on faebook but i would be happy to meet up.

bluebottle
19-03-11, 17:37
Where are you based? :)

Sekost
19-03-11, 19:06
leicester :D

bluebottle
20-03-11, 12:22
That's cool, would you like to meet for a coffee and a bun sometime?
My name's Tony. Anyone else, if you want to meet for a coffee let me know. :)

For women these things are slightly different so we can all choose a public place and let someone know where you are going.

Sekost
20-03-11, 14:08
Yea Tony im up for that. SO everyone else who has posted gets a chance to read this lets re-post here next wednesday and sort a time and placer mate.

bluebottle
20-03-11, 16:33
I live in Loughborough, and go to college twice a week in Leicester.
I don't drive but have a railcard thanks to DLA.
Anxiety has some benefits :winks:

tomcat
09-06-12, 14:14
:welcome:just wondering if any one on n.m.p lives in good old leicester who has panic/anxiety issuses,who wud like to chat bout coping and basically trying to live as normal as poss . lorna

bluebottle
09-06-12, 18:19
:) I run this group Leicester Social Anxiety Group (http://www.meetup.com/Leicester-Social-Anxiety-Club/)

nikkinik
18-06-12, 10:09
I just thought I'd see if anyone is around still, its been a while since I first wrote the post.. But things are pretty much the same after some ups and (huge) downs :/

Richard, I looked you up on Facebook but there are two Richard Heathcotes.. I thought best not to message either because Im bound to get the wrong one! lol

Anyway, if anyone else fancies messaging to see how they/we get along, with a view to possibly meeting up at a later date, feel free to reply or send me a private message :)

Nikki x

lg123
21-08-12, 11:10
Hi, not sure if anything ever came of this but I'm new to the forum and live in Leicester!

Jimm
01-09-12, 08:38
not a million miles away (northants) - if anyone organised a group meet, I might pluck up the courage to come out the closet lol

bluebottle
19-10-12, 05:58
http://www.meetup.com/Leicester-Social-Anxiety-Club/