PDA

View Full Version : Investigating Intrusive Imagery in GAD

Matthewresearch
09-07-08, 15:14
Request for Participants

Investigating Intrusive Imagery in Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)

My name is Matthew Brown and I’m a trainee Clinical Psychologist at University College London. I’m interested in talking to people who have Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD) and asking them about the thoughts they have.

What is the purpose of the study?
Over recent years psychologists have been increasingly interested in the intrusive thoughts that people who suffer from anxiety disorders have. By exploring these thoughts we can begin to understand the importance of them in anxiety disorders and help tailor therapy more effectively. The purpose of this study is to explore the types of thoughts that people with generalised anxiety disorder have.

What is involved?
The research will involve completing a set of brief questionnaires and attending for an interview, lasting approximately one hour with myself at a convenient time and place for you, to ask about your thoughts. All information gathered in the questionnaires and interview is completely anonymous and confidential.

How to participate
If you are interested in taking part in this study and would like more information before you decide please contact me on 07507694144, email m.j.brown@ucl.ac.uk or post to Matthew Brown, Sub-Department of Clinical Health Psychology, UCL, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT. I will be able to answer any questions you may have about the study and, if you would like to take part, I will send you an information sheet with more detailed information. We will then arrange a convenient time to complete the questionnaires and conduct the interview.

Thank you for your time

Matthew Brown
Trainee Clinical Psychologist