PDA

View Full Version : I'm new

Evs
25-04-05, 17:36
Hiya,
My friends call me Evs. Im a 33 year old who suffered from chronic fatigue syndrome which first started panic attacks years ago. I was finr until 18 mnths ago when I had a few terrible panic attacks whilst very hungover. After this I suffered crippling anxiety for a few weeks but managed to overcome this with the help of Paroxetine. I had no problems at first coming off Paroxetine and was pretty normal for a while but things gradually got worse so my GP prescribed Proxac as there had been a Paroxetine 'scare'. This had no affect on me. He recently prescribed Paroxetine again but I had to use Diazepam for the first couple of weeks as it made my anxiety so much worse initially. I have been taking this for 4 weeks now and am able to function better but still suffering from agoraphobia qute a bit. My recent panic seemed to be more focused on the hyperventilation side of things so since I have started practising abdominal breathing it has really helped. Im still finding it difficult to go out of my safety zone tho and feel sorry for my frustrated long term boyfriend who does his best to be understanding and also friends who I tend to avoid alot. Trying to deal with it alone most of the time. Finding it hard as Im such a sociable/active person by nature I get annoyed at myself.

Evs

kairen
25-04-05, 17:46
Hi Evs

welcome to the site, if you read the other post you will see you are not alone, this is a brilliant site you will get loads of help, understanding and advice, everyone is here to help, its just so good to be able to write it down and people to know exactly what you are going through and offfer you different ways ao coping, have you read the welcome page, there is loads of useful information on there good luck and welcome

kairen x

lainey
25-04-05, 18:08
Hi Evs

Welcome to the forum, you'll get lots of help and support here from like-minded people.

Take care

Elaine x

Karen
25-04-05, 18:18
Hi Evs

Welcome to the forum. You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
25-04-05, 18:19
Welcome aboard!! :D

Meg
25-04-05, 18:26
Hello Evs,

Welcome to the site

Glad abdominal breathing has helped you.

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

SOB: Cant get any air in (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=961)
SOB: general anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2576)
SOB: Reverse panic (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2246)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
25-04-05, 19:20
Welcome aboard the forum Evs

I hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

henri
25-04-05, 20:59
hey evs,
welcome to the forum!
abdominal breathing is great, i even do it when i'm in the bath!
have you tried listening to a relaxation cd too? it really helped calm down my breathing.
henri x

pips
26-04-05, 00:28
Hi Evs,

A BIG WARM WELCOME to the site! Loads of advice & friendly people to help!

Take Care,

Love PIP'S XX

zena
26-04-05, 15:42
Hi Evs,

As everyone else has said....welcome to the forum.
Hope you find the site works for you. I wished I had found it ages ago.
It can get quite frustrating at times when the agoraphobia kicks in.
I am a bit like Lucy, can get out with the kids and hubby in tow but it would be nice to go out on your own even for 5 mins.....I do really ..the dog comes with me.. He's the best company doesn't talk back and listens to all that you say.
Have also been on the tablets as you. I do try not to stay on them long either but thats just me.

I'm sure you will be able to get over this little 'blip' soon.
The breathing techniques are good keep them going. I usually sing songs out loud. Different people have different ways to cope.
Take care

with good wishes

Zena

maxine
26-04-05, 20:04
Hiya Evs,
Welcome to the site:D:D

Maxine

sal
26-04-05, 22:26
Hi Evs

You have had some great replies and you should look up the threads Meg has given you. Hope we can be of some help to you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Piglet
27-04-05, 12:45
Hi Evs,

I'm like you, Zena and Lucy - when my anxiety levels are up so is my agrophobia, on the whole I can go out with the family but I really want to be going out on my own as I would love to return to work (I work but its home based at the mo).

I did feel pleased with myself the other day as I went to the top of my road on my own which I actually find harder because everybody knows me.

I think the breathing practice is a very good idea - I too am doing this at the moment with good results to my general anxiety levels.

Take care
Piglet

lin
27-04-05, 13:22
hi Evs

Welcome to the forum u will get loads of help and advice they r a great bunch of people. [8D][8D][8D]

linda xx

sal
28-04-05, 22:46
Hi Evs

How are you getting on. You have had some great replies hun, hope they have helped you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.