PDA

View Full Version : no help any ideas please help desperate now

tracy1972
09-07-08, 19:45
i had a review 4 weeks ago to an adult mental health team and then it had to go before a multi disciplinary team o decide wether they were going to help or not well they are not they say i do not fit there criteria of severe and enduring mental health condition i have had this for 10 yrs and just want to get better they want me to up meds and go for councilling DONE this four times and still no change they are blaming my son who is adhd and odd and rads they are also telling me to go to his school and get help from them well they already have told me they cant help at wits end now just need and want help but hitting brick wall any ideas please help desperate.

marie1974
09-07-08, 20:35
hi there im sorry u feel so crap hun, first of all your son, you say he suffering from adhd when was he diagnosed with this? only reason i asking is i have had years of worry over my middle son who is 9 for learning problems etc and i had to push things all the way. i eventually went to my doctor and asked to see a peadiatric doctor for a developmental assessment, after a very long wait i was seen and they were so thorough and tested him for everything including add although he is not hyperactive just concentration probs, and learnin probs but after that i got extra support and then it stopped and after few years he started struggling more so i got him another prob with paediatric doc and she was brill and said he boarderline dyspraxicia mayb, but now i got school to bring in educational pychologist and he is also seeing an occupational therapist for fine motor skills and then a 2nd visit to doc. after that me and school will know exactly how bad his probs are and wot help i can get. sorry i waffled on but i was hoping if u haven then mayb u could try that route but i know u have to be firm and push it through. there is so little help for us with anxiety depression and so on and thats why these sites are so good, keep pusing for help for u and your son hun you deserve it

tracy1972
09-07-08, 20:52
i he was diagnosed at seven years old and they said he has adhd and odd i had loads of help till he was statemented then when that happened on my own i have now got some help with him but the school was the prob and now cause it special school the go up to next year now so its not so hectic for them and it seems the teacher had a dislike to him and he likes his new teacher and makes him feel wanted and he not coming home every 5 mins and then have to take him back its great perhaps its just me on edge waiting for the phone to ring to say pick him up and hopefully now i can have a bit of a life i know that sounds selfish but i have dedicated my life to him trying to help him and dont go anywhere no friends cause they couldnt handle him so very much in house dont go out and make cards all day and do house

marie1974
09-07-08, 21:10
aww i know someone who has a child with that and yes its hard work hun, why not go through docs and ask for uptodate develpomental check like i did with paediactric doctor, cos once they seen him they will be able to give u the right guidance and help and etc. u may have done this already so sorry if i going on hun. but sounds like u need more support really for both of u

tracy1972
09-07-08, 21:12
no not done that one thank you will do that first thing in morning thank you means alot beginning to give up thank u:bighug1:

marie1974
09-07-08, 21:21
no worries make doc appointment and ask to have an appointment for your son to have a develpomental check with the paediatric doctor. they will want to know why but just say that u r worried he worse than he was and explain his problems but make sure u exagerate alittle and say also school are alittle concerned too etc. the appointment may take 6 months to come through but when he does go they are very thorough and u can be totally honest with them about how hard u r finding it and they will refer u to the right people and give u advice on wot to do. it all helps doesnt it. i hope u are able to get some more help cos its a struggle for u and alot for u to deal with hugs and let me know how it goes. u can pm me anytime xxx