PDA

View Full Version : Is Cipralex not working for me?

mjh74
25-04-05, 19:34
Hi all,

Today is the start of my 4th week on 5mg of Cipralex and I've had the most anxious of days. Working my throat and feeling choked all day, scared to eat, very unsettled and my heart races if I get up to do anything. In all a very anxious and scary day. I just wish I could be back to 'normal', this is killing me :(. I have had a few decent days where it looks like things are starting to get better but today has been a real killer. I'm trying to tell myself that it's just a blip but I just feel so sick of this fear.

Thanks for listening,

Mark.

tattybear
25-04-05, 19:37
HI

It is so hard when some days are just so good then others really get you down - its just like a rollercoaster ride with your eyes shut, you never know what the next days gonna be like.

Maybe you should see your GP to discuss your query about yur meds, I know they somtimes take 2-3 weeks to kick in, but it may be worth just going to see the GP with your concerns?

Tatty B xx

mjh74
25-04-05, 19:43
Hi Tatty,

I am due to see him next Monday. I'll have been on it for 4 weeks then. I'm scared that if he thinks this isn't helping that he won't know what to give me next. [Sigh...]

Mark x

tattybear
25-04-05, 19:48
Hi Mark,

I wouldnt worry that he wont be able to give you anything else, im sure theres hundereds of different meds they have. Its just a case of finding the right one.

I was on Citalopram for a few weeks, im not sure if this is the same as what your on as i know it somtimes has a different name (V confusing!) but i found that didnt work with me. Im on mirtazipine which ive found has helped loads even though my anxiety is worse [Sigh...]

You will be ok. Just before Xmas I couldnt even see past the hour I was in, but even though im miles away from how I want to be, I am also miles better than Iwas.

Just be honest with your GP and they will help you.

:)

Tatty B xx

mjh74
25-04-05, 20:01
Hi Tatty,

I have been on Citalopram for depression 5 years ago and it was absolutely brilliant for me. I was again put on it about 2 months ago and this time it also made me really anxious. I was taken off that with a 2 day break and put on efexor which I could only bear for a week, I felt like I was losing my mind on that, after efexor, Cipralex which I'm on now. With the second week of Cipralex I was starting to feel some days were bearable and up until the yesterday evening thought things were heading in the right direction until I started to feel like this :(. Cipralex is supposed to be a sister drug of Citalopram with an isomer removed (so my GP tells me). It's supposed to have less side effects than Citalopram and so far it has, I'm just wondering if this is the drug starting to make me feel like this and part of the "kicking in" process. Or that it's already stopped helping me. :(

Mark x

kairen
25-04-05, 20:03
mark give it another couple of weeks and if you feel no better go back to docs, it can take up to 6 weeks, keep talking on here get it all out, pm me if you want anytime, you will get there hun honest,i never thought i would, take care mate big big hug xx

kairen x

tattybear
25-04-05, 20:05
It may just be that its taking time to work...If you really are finding it hard, I would see if you can see your doctor before next monday? Or if you can, leave it until next monday to see if theres any change or improvment.

Tatty B xx

kairen
25-04-05, 20:08
hi mark
u know i was on citrolapram too yes i think they are similar i would still hang in there they wont hve kicked in properly yet just your body getting used to them, it wont have stopped helping you it will still be getting into your system i would think,

kairen x

mjh74
25-04-05, 20:16
One thing that has just dawned on me! I've been eating a lot of chocolate over the past few days. I woke up feeling ok today but after a load of celebration mini mars, topics and galaxy chocs I started to feel like this. It's the only thing I can think of. I don't usually eat much chocolate, if I crave it's usually for savoury things so this chocolate thing is new to me. Chocolate and cheese used to give me migraines and I've had cheese today as well. Hmmmm

Mark

tattybear
25-04-05, 20:18
I think youve hit the nail on the head!!!!!

Chocolate and Caffinee really doesnt help at all!! [Oops!]

Try and steer clear of it for a while so your able to gage if it makes a difference, I think youll prob find that it will!

Tatty B xx

mjh74
25-04-05, 20:20
Aha! Thanks tatty, I'll steer well clear of the chocolate and see if things start to settle down again!

Mark xx

tattybear
25-04-05, 20:24
OK:D

Let me know how you get on, feel free also to PM me any time....youve made me want some choc now! [Oops!]

Take Care

Tatty B xx

Meg
25-04-05, 20:45
Mark,

Hypogly Hypoglycemia (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=189)
GI: Gi Diet (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3179)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

mjh74
25-04-05, 21:06
Thanks tatty that's much appreciated.

I'm just thinking back to how much chocolate I have actually eaten over the past 3 or 4 days. It's all birthday chocolate and one bar was almost the size of an A4 sheet of paper. I polished that off, a huge piece of chocolate cake yesterday, celebration mini's, a dime bar and 4 Kinder eggs! Ohhh and a huge thorntons car! Hmmm I'm stopping chocolate again as of now!

Thanks tatty,

Mark x

mjh74
25-04-05, 21:08
Thanks for those Meg, Just reading them now!

Mark

mjh74
25-04-05, 21:24
Another funny thing with regards to the first URL Meg. When I was at my heighest weight, if I didn't eat every 4 hours I would get the most awful shakes (hypoglycemia). I remember going out for a walk at lunch time and had an attack, all I could think of was chocolate. I made it back to work and by this time I had a strange sort of tunnel vision, I quickly ran for the shop counter and grabbed a mint aero and a sticky bun and ate them as quickly as I could. Within about an hour I was feeling relatively "ok" again but felt REALLY washed out after. After losing a few stones on a diet I've not had it since. So I guess I could be quite sensitive to the sugar I've been ramming into my system over the past week and I had started to feel a strange addiction for more chocolate, especially after meals. I have also put on just over half a stone over the past few weeks as well due to comfort eating and it's obviously just not helping.

Thanks a lot for that information Meg, it's much appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

seh1980
25-04-05, 22:46
Give it more time Mark - it worked wonders for me!! :D