PDA

View Full Version : Mojo Positive Progress

mojo5
26-04-05, 09:33
Hi All

Most of you will remember I joined the forum in Jan this year Suffering really badly with a nasty case health anxiety.
I irrationally feared a heart attack ( amongst other things ) which made my life quite unbearable.

Well - It's only April but I am pleased to report that with your help, CBT therapy and a determination to succeed I am now getting somewhere.

My CBT homework was most unpleasant (ie. deliberately starting Panic sensations !) and then learning not to fear them.
So although I do still get the 'feelings' I regard them as just that 'feelings' and I now know that although unpleasant that they will not harm me.

The big thing for me was to play a full game of outdoor 11-a-side football without having to leave the field of play in panic - AND I DID IT THIS WEEKEND ! !
I am absolutely chuffed to little mints balls.
It was the one activity that I feared most and having done that I know I'm well on the way.

So - a BIG THANKYOU to all of you for your support and help - I could not have reached this stage without you.

One final note - If you are still suffering with your anxiety - believe me it is possible to overcome it - you might not think so when things are at their worst - it does take effort and courage - BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

Thankyou all Again & Good Luck

Mojo:D:D:D

Meg
26-04-05, 09:37
I'm so thrilled Mojo, congratulations.

I know how hard you've worked at this ... Reap the rewards and keep going !!

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pips
26-04-05, 11:40
A BIG Well Done to you Mojo,

Thats Fab news. I'm so pleased for you! Keep up the good work & Enjoy!

Love PIP'S X

carlin
26-04-05, 15:27
Hi there and wow....
You brought a great big smile to my face reading that, well done you!. keep at it and keep posting, it gives so much encouragment to all of us - thanks....

seh1980
26-04-05, 16:51
Well done Mojo!! :D

lainey
26-04-05, 16:55
You have done so well Mojo and this post will be an inspiration for many people.

Take care

Elaine x

nomorepanic
26-04-05, 19:27
So pleased for you Mojo

What great progress so well done you[8D]

xx

Nicola

maxine
26-04-05, 20:14
Woohhhhooooooo Well done Mojo:):D

Karen
26-04-05, 22:44
Well done Mojo.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

mojo5
27-04-05, 08:13
Thankyou All for your kind responses.

I am very lucky to have found this site and appreciate the support and banter that we all share.

Although I'm no expert - I have learned quite a lot in recent weeks and if I can help anyone else out there with similar anxieties to mine, please let me know I would be glad to help.

Best Wishes
Mojo.

jill
27-04-05, 20:36
Well done Mojo :D[^]:D[^]

LOVE JILLXXX