PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

jenfromdenver
10-07-08, 22:41
Hi All,

I'm Jen, I'm 28 and live in the suburbs of Denver, CO. I have been suffering from Panic attacks for about 7 months. They reached a peak in severity in the end of may/begining of june, and I'm now in treatment, on meds, and working towards regaining my life.

In the worst of it, I was moderatly agoraphobic, and still am suffering mildly. I panic if I am not within a reasonable distance from a "safe place".. which is home, work, my parents house, and the clinic I recieve treatment. I live near the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, and there are numerous parks and hiking trails within 5-10 minutes of me. Generally I am okay at that distance, but I tried to go visit a park over the 4th of July and as soon as I got into the hills I panicked and had to come home.

I have an old fat dog and a cat who keep me company. I've noticed that my cat seems to know when I am having an attack, or about to, which is kinda spooky. She will come plant herself as close to my face as she can (not the best place during a panic attack!!). Has anyone else noticed that with their pets? Ive heard they can predict siezures and even earthquakes. Kinda neat :)

I work fulltime as a secretary and bartend on weekends occasionally. For the most part panic has not severely interfered with work. I was forced to take 2 weeks off during the height of this, but generally when I am at work I'm okay. My coworkers have been very understanding of this illness and supportive.

I just wanted to say hello!! im looking forward to getting to know you all!

break_myself
10-07-08, 22:46
Hey Jen from Denver, Colorado :)

I just joined today too.

x

marie1974
10-07-08, 23:04
hi jen and welcome to nmp, you will meet some lovely new friends here and get some great advice and support too hugs xx

kellie
10-07-08, 23:20
Hiya Jen :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
be sure to keep posting as it realy helps to talk about things and we will help you as much as we can.
hope to talk to you in chat sometime

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
10-07-08, 23:25
Hi Jen

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

milly jones
11-07-08, 15:42
hi jen

welcome to nmp

wow u do live in a lovely part of the world

i have 2 dogs who certainly know when im feeling low and anx.

they know to either come close for hugs when im crying, or stay away when im aggitated.

i love their unconditional love the most

milly xxx :hugs:

Nibbles
11-07-08, 21:49
Hi Jen and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

I'm glad you don't have a porcupine as a pet! ;)

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
12-07-08, 15:24
Hi Jen,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

weeble40
12-07-08, 15:41
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx