PDA

View Full Version : I'm new - finally, finding a place I fit in!

dawnsol
11-07-08, 07:33
Hi everyone. My name is Dawn, I am a 31 year old single mother working as an Office Manager for a Heating & Cooling company. I have been suffering :weep: with panic disorder for 12 years now. Everyday is a struggle with to keep myself feeling "normal". Medications (alprazolam) don't always help. I've ended up in the emergency room or urgent care clinic so many times I think the doctors roll their eyes when they see me come in. I will literally suffer for hours and hours before the symptoms subside. I decided to join a chat room because no one I am close to suffers this debilitating, scary, seemingly uncontrollable disorder. I am looking to speak with others who share my pain so to speak. I just want my life back to enjoy my 8 year old and feel like I fit in. I want to be able to go places and do things without having that horrible rush of fear coming over me and ruining it all.

Thanks for listening :D Can't wait to get to know all of you and find a little guidance along the way.

Zingara
11-07-08, 13:32
Hi Dawn and :welcome:
This is a brilliant site, you'll get lots of help and support with your panic disorder.
Take care and see you around. xx

lilly-lou
11-07-08, 13:40
Hi Dawn and welcome. You will find lots of people here in similar situations to you and so many people to give you advice and support

Take care

lilly-lou

marie1974
11-07-08, 14:02
hiya and welcome to nmp u will find lots of great advice and support here and meet new friends too. hugs xx

milly jones
11-07-08, 14:09
hi dawn

a warm nmp welcome to u

yes nmp does help us with anx fit in a little more

this is our community and we all fit together like a jigsaw supporting each other

milly xx

popsy
11-07-08, 15:15
:welcome: You'll find lots of people in the same boat as you here, its a brilliant site, i hope it helps you as much as its helped me.:hugs:
Charlie x x

nomorepanic
11-07-08, 19:48
Hi Dawn

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages for loads of advice and tips.

Nibbles
11-07-08, 21:53
Hi Dawn and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
12-07-08, 15:28
Hi Dawn,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

weeble40
12-07-08, 15:38
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

lorac
13-07-08, 15:08
Hi Dawn

Welcome, I am sure you will meet lots of new friends on here who will understand what you are going through.

Carol

Sophia Rose
13-07-08, 15:19
Hey...welcome to NMP...hope you find the support you need....take care...