PDA

View Full Version : Why...??

ronelle_dup
11-07-08, 12:36
Hi guys, my name is Ronelle..

I've been getting these very unwelcome panic (or so they say) attacks for the last 5months. I want to think it has something to do with a extremely difficult colluege at work.

I am 23 years old and feel that it's waaaay to young to be having trouble with anxiety and panic so it's not something I want to accept really.

Something I don't get.. why does these symptomes come individually? I never get it all at once? It's either chestpains, or dizzines, or I get out of breath all the time ect ect, but never all together?:scared15: Is this "normal"?

Anyhow, glad I stumbled across this site.. It's a big help.

nomorepanic
11-07-08, 19:48
Hi Ronelle

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages for loads of advice and tips.

lilly-lou
11-07-08, 19:52
Hi and welcome,

You will get loads of advice here.

take care

lilly-lou

milly jones
11-07-08, 20:12
welcome to nmp

a really warm welcome to u

hope u find comfort and friendship here

milly xx

JoT
11-07-08, 20:28
Hi there, welcome

Early 20s seems to be the most common age when most of us had our first episodes of anxiety.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/panic-disorder-a-real-illness/2-when-does-panic-disorder-start-and-how-long-does-it-last.shtml

The symptoms vary too, everyone is different. Like today, I got the dizzyness but not the palpitations, sometimes I get the feeling unable to breath and nothing else happens.

On a plus side, you can get better from it. Even though I have had times of feeling like this in my life, most of the time I am fine - it can appear during stressful periods or can appear for no reason at all when I am happy with life just to piss me off (like it has this time):wacko:

I hope you find some reassurance here like I have :)

Jo x

susan67
11-07-08, 21:01
hello! ihave had panic attacks for 20years iwas doing well until 11days ago when i started takind suboxone for opiate addiction.i swear there is something in this medication that triggers panic

diane07
11-07-08, 21:42
Hi Ronelle

a big welcome to nmp, you'll get plenty of help here hun, sorry you're feeling so bad at the mo, i started panic and anx 19 years ago but certainly haven't had it all the way through, you can overcome it with help.

Good luck

Di xx

Nibbles
11-07-08, 21:56
Hi Ronelle and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
12-07-08, 15:29
Hi Ronelle,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

weeble40
12-07-08, 15:36
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

lorac
13-07-08, 15:04
Hi Ronelle

Welcome to NMP I am sure you will meet lots of people on here who understand what you are going through.

Carol