PDA

View Full Version : up and down like a yo yo

LisaS
26-04-05, 14:48
hi everyone..

2 of my friends invited me for a cup of tea in the park with their 2 kids today. first of all i made some excuse but then i thought i'll just go in my own car and if its too much i'll just come home. We had a really nice time and a good chat and now i'm back home. I should feel really pleased with myself but instead I feel quite down and i'm not sure why.. partly because i so wish i didn't have to go through this just to go for a cup of tea. This morning I felt great and now i'm down again. I have been trying really hard to shut off my negative voice and just use positive thoughts but i'm battling.. any advice?

thanks,
Lisa

carlin
26-04-05, 14:59
Hi Lisa.
Firstly, well done for meeting your friends, after deciding not to go, i think that was a very positive thing to do, secondly you seemed to have enjoyed it, which again is very positivie, but now you are home, you feel a little disappointed, deflated, i am exactly the same, i think we build ourselves up to do even the simplest of things, and then when it's over and we have suceeded, it's a bit of a let down, it's hard work suffering from panic/anxiety, but it will get easier, keep accepting those invitations for cups of tea etc. and things will gradually improve, have a nice relax for while and keep in touch.

Meg
26-04-05, 15:27
Lisa - well done - keep doing it as often as possible as see how you feel then.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

kairen
26-04-05, 15:33
Hi lisa,

Well done for going out, just keep thinking about how much you enjoyed it at the time, and be proud of your self for going, the more you do it the easier it will get and it wont be such of an ordeal for you, then you wont get that let down feeling when its over.

try not to feel bad about it but think how well you did going and enjoying yourself, good luck for next time

kairen x

LisaS
26-04-05, 15:43
thank you so much ..

i totally know that when I think positively I feel so much better. So it makes no sense at all to have negative thoughts. why would anyone want to feel bad!? but why are they still there? all the what if i get worse? what if i die? what if...? if i know its nonsense, why do I still get them?! arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
xxx

seh1980
26-04-05, 16:41
Lisa - you did brilliantly - well done!! :D

lainey
26-04-05, 16:53
Well done Lisa for going, keep it up.

Take care

Elaine x

LisaD
27-04-05, 15:57
Hi Lisa,

See my reply under your medication post....this yo-yo feeling is totally normal....the good times are showing that the meds are working, and the down times mean that they're not quite there yet. Have patience, and the good times will soon outnumber the bad!

Lisa

PS. Good for you for getting out and meeting your friends! I've been finding that hanging out with friends is a good way to feel normal and to get your mind off things

Karen
27-04-05, 22:44
Well done for going Lisa. It takes a lot of effort when it's the last thing you feel like doing.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
29-04-05, 00:02
Lisa

You did well and did it. Well done and i admire how hard it must have being.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

kimmy
01-05-05, 08:44
well done for meeting your mates and secondly as horrible as it may be, your human and you dont have to stay on top of the world all the time. i believe just accepting your in a bit of a tiz at the moment but in a couple of hours it probably will pass. and try not to dwell on it, just get on. i know thats so hard to do, im a sufferer too. but hey who knows what may help