PDA

View Full Version : I can't remember what normal feeling are

Adz84
11-07-08, 19:46
Hello, my panic and anxiety have been so bad over the last few months i have lost touch with normal feelings. Does anyone else get this? I can't remember what feeling tired is like. Whenever i get heavy eyes i get really anxious and try fight off panic attacks.it doesn't feel like i'm tired just like i'm going to have a panic attack. night times are a nightmare for me but i know i should be tired at night so it's easier to deal with. It's the day time when my eyes feel heavy and sleepy when i panic the most and worry i'm going to have a panic attack. I'm so sick of it. My meds are really helping but it's really getting me down. :(

milly jones
11-07-08, 20:29
hi adz,

the only thing i can relate to was before i was on meds and i felt nothing, numb for months before ppl realised i was ill. i really dont know how long this anx had been creeping up on me and i had no idea that i was working myself into the ground in the day, and worrying about work at night.

one i started meds and therapy i had loads of boxed up emotion that needed releasing.

im now very emotional, sometimes low, but at least i do feel again.

i had no life at all before i was diagnosed i existed. im starting to live again but its a very slow healing process

love milly xxxx

lou lou
11-07-08, 20:43
Hi,
i know exactly how you feel, i have a 6 month old baby & i think i may be in the clutches of post natal depression, every night i go to bed just waiting for a panic attack to take over me, i can think of no obvious reason that i'm having them i feel like my life is being totally dominated by these attacks, my medication has made a slight difference but i still feel trapped, i dont like to be left alone anymore, i dont like to go out alone, and i'm wondering if things will ever change or if this is how my life is gonna be from now on, i'm getting married in 6 weeks so maybe this is putting added pressure on me, i'm not sure.
Also i'm new to this site, so any information/advice would be more than appreciated!
Many Thanks

Lou

mtatum4496
11-07-08, 20:44
I do experience this type of thing. Not long ago I posted a thread about my inability to tell when I am responding to anxiety and when I am simply feeling something else altogether. It does seem so long ago and far away since anxiety did not color everything I do. I think this sort of thing goes with the territory.

But I have heard others who've been down this path state that in time you begin to be able to sense the difference again. We have that to look forward to.

lilly-lou
11-07-08, 20:49
Hi I cant remember what it is like to feel normal nor can I remember if I ever did if that makes sence! I long for a life again. Night times used to be really bad for me, as soon as I got in bed I would have a panic attack, I even had my own bucket at the side of me as I would be sick every night, luckily by taking baby steps I am so much better than I was.

lilly-lou

feels_like_home
13-07-08, 22:54
I know exactly how you feel. I hate feeling tired during the day. I start to worry about why I feel this way and then I start to panic. I forget what it was like to just feel tired or just feel sick without the anxiety.
Michelle

noworriesnocries
13-07-08, 22:58
I used to feel like you too... I used to get confused, if it is anxiety or something else (like my allergies)... I used to also get tired but not be able to sleep when anxiety kicked in... After my attacks I used to be so tired and drained and then I slept. After being on propranolol for a while, it all got regulated... I would talk to your doc about it. It may also be a side effect of the meds...