PDA

View Full Version : New to Citalopram

David B
11-07-08, 20:33
Hi, I have just started taking Citalopram 10 days ago and the side effects don't seem to be too bad. A little Nausea and i cant stop yawning. However i do seem to have problems with my libido since i started. I don't know if this is because i am worrying about it or is it a side effect of the medication.
Has anybody else had this problem. i know it's early days and i will persevere because reading other peoples comments they must be OK

David

garat1213
11-07-08, 20:49
i used to be on citalopram and it did thesame to me. I had the usual nausea and dry mouth and yes my sex drive hit rock bottom. I am now on fluoxtine and i havent had a problem. Talk to your GP xxx

nomorepanic
11-07-08, 21:26
Hi David

:welcome: aboard and hope we can be of some help

It is cos of the meds I am afraid - very common side effect.

milly jones
11-07-08, 21:53
hi hunny

welcome to nmp

ull get good advice and support here hun

milly xxx

Nibbles
11-07-08, 21:57
Hi David and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You might find the citalopram sub forum of the medication forum of interest.

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
12-07-08, 15:31
Hi David,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

weeble40
12-07-08, 15:33
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

David B
17-07-08, 19:30
Thanks for the replies everyone. Have been on the citalopram 2 and half weeks and things are not much better. I am not coping with work very well at all. It's a demanding Managerial position which i am beginning to think i am not cut out for.
How long do you all think the side effects take to wear off or is there always some side effects
Thanks
David

LucyR
17-07-08, 21:16
Hi, I can't say I notice much in the way of side effects at all, as yet anyway.

Lindalou64
18-07-08, 11:39
Hello David And Welcome To The Site ....wish Ya Well...........linda