PDA

View Full Version : someone has been sick :(

HB
26-04-05, 16:10
Hello members,

wow it really has been ages since ive had to come one here.. about six months... i really thought i was getting over my fear of being sick.

To re- cap, i managed to get away without being sick for over 15 years, was sick, thought i was over my phobia until last saturday.

Me and my partner of eight months went out to the pub for just a few drinks (an achievement in itself as i suffer from social phobias.) , he only had about 4 pints as he knows i panic, however, on the way home, he began to feel ill... as soon as we got home he began to vomit.. i just couldnt go near him.... i had to sit downstairs while i knew he felt so bad.. he was calling me and i just had to ignore it. cant stop feeling guilty now.... i need to get over this.. its already caused me to quit university once and now im going again, i just cant fail. help? please? HB

H

seh1980
26-04-05, 16:49
hello HB,

Sorry to hear about what happened. I don't know how you have managed to go for 15 years without being sick once - that is an achievement in itself!! I can understand why you are feeling guilty as it's not nice not being there for your partner when he/she needs you. It seems to me that if you want to get over your fear, you need to face it as hard as it may be...do you think you could do this?

Sarah :D

kairen
26-04-05, 17:58
Hi HB

sorry to hear that but to be honest i dont suffer that phobia but there's no way i would have sat in the room while he was being sick, you def, have nothing to feel guilty about, LOL maybe im just hard but i couldnt have done it, no matter how much i loved him,

Have you spoken to him about how guilty you feel cos i doubt he would want you to feel this bad about it, i do hope things calm down for you and you can get over this soon have a chat with him

take care

kairen x

HB
28-04-05, 16:59
I have psoken to him like you advised me to but i still feel really really guilty.... i could hear him in the toilet but couldnt face it.

Feel like i faced the phobia of myself being sick but now i have a new challenge, its going to be more difficult this time as i cant just time being around someone sick :(

Did i mention i have to go into hospital for a week in july for a minor operation, wards? sick people?!?! no way!

H

seh1980
28-04-05, 17:47
What operation are you having?

Raindrop
14-05-05, 00:53
Hi, I suffer from this phobia too. Sometimes I think it will ruin my life...

Can I ask how you managed to get over the being sick part yourself? I haven't been sick for many years too (arghhh hope I'm not jinxing myself) but whenever I get nauseous, I panic so hard, I can't imagine actually being sick and surviving... Was it just not as bad as you imagined?

I'm at uni myself now, and fighting hard to stay. I found out a guy in my class is down with a tummy bug at the moment, and I'm so frightened I'll catch it, I can't sleep, my tummy hurts. It's horrible. :(

I'm sure that if you can fight the first part of the phobia - being sick - then you will deal with this new part eventually too. For me, the being sick would be the harder part, and you're already past that! Most people wouldn't sit with their partner if they were being really sick, so don't beat yourself up.

seh1980
14-05-05, 11:04
How are you feeling HB? Hope you're doing better. :D