PDA

View Full Version : Doctor on Tuesday

turnthelighton
13-07-08, 10:23
Hello everyone. I have a doctors appt on Tuesday where we talk about my medication and I get the next months supply but this time I am going to be really 'brave' and tell him exactly how I am feeling and what symptoms I am experiencing.

I was only at the doctors a couple of weeks ago about my hand tremor but I seem to play things down when I am there just in case I hear those treaded words I need to refer you or you need another MRI!

I will let you know how I get on. :ohmy:

Trixie
13-07-08, 12:15
Hello everyone. I have a doctors appt on Tuesday where we talk about my medication and I get the next months supply but this time I am going to be really 'brave' and tell him exactly how I am feeling and what symptoms I am experiencing.

I was only at the doctors a couple of weeks ago about my hand tremor but I seem to play things down when I am there just in case I hear those treaded words I need to refer you or you need another MRI!

I will let you know how I get on. :ohmy:

My daughter who suffers from OCD, social paranoia, agoraphobia, etc, etc has the most dreadful hand tremors.

She has hardly left the house in 5 years.

Cathy V
13-07-08, 12:35
Hi Trixie, 5 years is a long time for ayoung girl to be housbound, dont her docs or therapists try to help her more? Must be dreadful for her...surely theres something they can do to help her. Perhaps she should be on nmp herself :)

Take care
Cathy xxx

Trixie
13-07-08, 15:28
Hi Trixie, 5 years is a long time for ayoung girl to be housbound, dont her docs or therapists try to help her more? Must be dreadful for her...surely theres something they can do to help her. Perhaps she should be on nmp herself :)

Take care
Cathy xxx

She has been to therapy but the stress of going out was too much especially as the therapy was rubbish. She was diagnosed by the psychiatrist she is loathed to take tablets as she doesn't want to be a 'zombie'

Fortunately she has the same sense of humour as myself so 99% of the time she is happy. She is a very strong person and I know one day she will start going out just as she use to.

turnthelighton
14-07-08, 06:42
Hi Trixie. Thanks for your posts. I dont feel so brave this morning but I am never going to get this sorted unless I am honest with the doctor!

Does your daughter get tremor in both hands? I only get it in my left!

I am glad you both have your sense of humour, I think I would be 100 x worse without mine, if that is possible.

:)

Trixie
14-07-08, 11:15
Hi Trixie. Thanks for your posts. I dont feel so brave this morning but I am never going to get this sorted unless I am honest with the doctor!

Does your daughter get tremor in both hands? I only get it in my left!

I am glad you both have your sense of humour, I think I would be 100 x worse without mine, if that is possible.

:)

Both.:)