PDA

View Full Version : I never believe what Dr's tell me!

countrygirl
13-07-08, 10:40
I replied to leah2008 thread about not accepting symptoms can be caused by anxiety alone and said how I hadn't believed the Drs for years that my damaged neck could cause all my symptoms/pain and vertigo until it got better then strained it and got all the symptoms back.

I realise that I never believe what drs tell me which is very disrepectful to my dr's!! All the years(15) that I was told my head and ear symptoms were because I had prolapsed neck disc and severe arthritis and I worried myself inside out that I had a brain tumour/ about to have stroke/ blocked neck arteries etc etc and they were right all along.

I am now having nasty pain in one side of my back which told is being caused by damage to my thoracic and lumbar spine but again worrying its something else - so far have had all my female bits investigated inc D&C,hystereocospy and biopsy and ultrasounds. Had my appendix removed and surgeon had a good look round so know my bowel, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder and liver are okay he actually felt most of these!!!! as welll as looked. Had bowel investigations inc the evil colonoscopy last week but I still find it hard to accept that the crippling pain which wakes me every morning is from my damaged spine. If I do accept it I then worry that I have a tumour on my spine or secondary cancer even though I had mri of all spine 8 months ago and a second one with contrast of cervical and thoracic 4 months ago.

Rather than try and manage my pain and symptoms I spend all my days worrying and obsessing about what else it might be.

I know I am not alone in this - am I?????????

Trixie
13-07-08, 12:13
I replied to leah2008 thread about not accepting symptoms can be caused by anxiety alone and said how I hadn't believed the Drs for years that my damaged neck could cause all my symptoms/pain and vertigo until it got better then strained it and got all the symptoms back.

I realise that I never believe what drs tell me which is very disrepectful to my dr's!! All the years(15) that I was told my head and ear symptoms were because I had prolapsed neck disc and severe arthritis and I worried myself inside out that I had a brain tumour/ about to have stroke/ blocked neck arteries etc etc and they were right all along.

I am now having nasty pain in one side of my back which told is being caused by damage to my thoracic and lumbar spine but again worrying its something else - so far have had all my female bits investigated inc D&C,hystereocospy and biopsy and ultrasounds. Had my appendix removed and surgeon had a good look round so know my bowel, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder and liver are okay he actually felt most of these!!!! as welll as looked. Had bowel investigations inc the evil colonoscopy last week but I still find it hard to accept that the crippling pain which wakes me every morning is from my damaged spine. If I do accept it I then worry that I have a tumour on my spine or secondary cancer even though I had mri of all spine 8 months ago and a second one with contrast of cervical and thoracic 4 months ago.

Rather than try and manage my pain and symptoms I spend all my days worrying and obsessing about what else it might be.

I know I am not alone in this - am I?????????

And meanwhile life is passing you by.

Fortunately I do not suffer from HA but I do sympathise with those that do. It is such a shame that their days are filled with worry about what might be instead of what is.:)

libbie
13-07-08, 13:32
hiya,

no your not alone in this. i think almost everyone with health anxiety refuses to believe the doctors, because the doctors dont actually know what pain we are in, and we refuse that all these pains, severe pains may be caused by anxiety. its hard isn t it.

libbie x