PDA

View Full Version : Highly sensitive person - Elaine Aron

Meewah
13-07-08, 11:47
Hi

With relation to my last thread, I have read this book after Marginalia mentioned it.

I was stuned while reading that it is 95% like me and my son. I am so suprised to find a book with so much accuracy. It felt like I was reading about myself. That said becase I was surrounded by non HSP's I have managed to stretch myself in to many life experiences. The problem now is that I did not know why I felt so diffent to everyone around and why I performed so badly at certain Team sports. I mean if I tried a new team sport if I was humiliated by everyone watching me I lost interest in that sport and used to critisise it and the people who played it. I wondered why I used to like solitary sports like running, and why I drank to excess when in a group environment. All that said I could never read books as I had a short concentration span, that is until now. The need to read is over whelming, the need for a spiritual life has become apparent.

As they say, its all in the book.

If anyone else has read this book and can relate to the majority of this book not just when anxious but all your life then please reply or get in touch I would love to talk to other HSP's . If you can relate to anything I have said and find that you need time to yourself in total silence as much as you need Food or water then get this book and read it.

www.amazon.co.uk or any other leading book supplier.

Regards

Mee

Zingara
13-07-08, 19:20
I've read this book too and thought it was very good... like you, I felt like she was describing me in places! I thought it was a brilliant book, and helped me to accept myself and the way I am and not beat myself up all the time for being different and for having a different take on life. xxx