PDA

View Full Version : Everyone please read this!!!!! ( breathing weird )

Rebecca
26-04-05, 20:49
Hey...
My anxiety must be kicking my butt lately.....for about 3 days now, it feels like I can't get enough air. I keep finding myself yawning to try and get a full breath. It feels like someone is standing on my chest, which is making my chest tight, which is making my breathing harder.

This is scaring me....I think I have typed in my search engine 30times about....." what could cause shortness of breath " im worried I have something bad wrong with me. Please help me someone I am breaking down here! I am scared I have something wrong with my lungs when I feel this way!!!! I have saw where other ppl on this message board have had the same feeling. Please reply to this....I am going crayz right now!

I just cant take a deep breath...........

Rebecca

Meg
26-04-05, 21:04
THere is nothing wrong with your lungs . This is a normal feeling and sensation when you are anxious .

The more you type into a search engine something as avague as you are doing the more you will be scared by what you read . It is not useful or helpful.

Practice long deep breaths, yawning is fine or go to a yoga class to learn to abdominally breathe.

SOB: Cant get any air in (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=961)
SOB: general anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2576)
SOB: Reverse panic (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2246)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Rebecca
26-04-05, 21:13
Thank you meg for that....It made me feel better reading that others have the same problem as me :)

Thank you again!:D

Rebecca

seh1980
26-04-05, 21:31
hi rebecca,

As Meg says, this is very normal for anxiety sufferers. We have all had it at some point or another..You have nothing to worry about!!

Sarah :D

vernon
26-04-05, 21:52
hi rabecca, just been chatting to you in chat if you feel scared just come back into chat and try keep your mind off it. If you look back at my posts same as many more, most people get this with anxiety and as Meg said the more you worry and think there is something wrong the more u r scaring yourself. Realy try slow deep breathing and tell youself there is nothing wrong. It wont go untill you calm down and try and relax. take care. Vernon

Heebyjeebies
28-04-05, 00:18
Hi. I've had the same feeling many times. I used to have about 10 minutes between satisfying breaths. Making myself yawn used to help. It really freaked me out too but then I read about it in Claire Weekes book. It explained exactly what I was feeling and said it was caused by anxiety. My G.P says it's when your diaphram goes in to a slight spasm through tension in your chest or over breathing. It will go as quickly as it came. Try not to worry. My sister gets it too through stress at work - She isn't an anxiety sufferer so it can hit anyone at anytime. It WILL go x

Rebecca
28-04-05, 04:40
Thank ya'll for your replys [:I]

They have helped alot !!!!!

Rebecca

kimmy
01-05-05, 08:48
hello
i had this, breathing is an automatic response you do not need to controle whats going in and out. your body does it for you!!! your thaughts ONLY are making you do this, tightness of chest is perfectly normal, but i promise your taking more than enough breathes in.
xxxx

to change you world you need to change your thaughts

Emmie
02-05-05, 11:22
Hello-i just read your post and wanted to let you know that i often get that feeling too! My symptoms seem to take it in turns to appear but i do often feel like that! I sometimes get pain in the chest with it aswell. It feel as if you cant get enough air in your lungs and i thought i was the only one who did the yawning thing! lol! Just to let you know you are not alone. Im going to try the abdominal breathing thing because apparently its quite helpful.
Take care and i hope this helps you feel a little less anxious
Em x

adele1
29-09-08, 17:25
Hi,
This was a very frequent symptom for me during my anxiety. Its a HORRIBLE feeling, I would breath but felt as tho there was no point cos it wasn't doin anything (if you get what I mean), I jus couldnt catch my breath like I had jus ran for miles and breathing wasnt relieving at all. Back then I would panic and it'd jus lead to hyperventillating and panic attacks, now I concerntrate carefully and take slow breaths from my stomach, lying down I watch my stomach rise and fall steadily and think calming thoughts. This really helped me. xx

josparks
14-08-10, 20:58
yes i agree it is our thoughts my dr says i have ocd about my breathing and that makes it worse so hang in there i know its hard im suffering to but the mind is a powerful thing

kaijo
17-08-10, 21:54
I get this alot and went to my doctor one day in the midst of one of these horrible episode and he said it was because i was hyperventilating so you need to get your breathing under control in through your nose for 4 seconds and then out through your nose for 7 seconds, pushing your tummy out when you breath in and in when you breath out this will help. Hope you feel better soon xxx