PDA

View Full Version : so scared HELP!!

pumperknickle
13-07-08, 16:35
I feel I'm going crazy! I have this burning sensation in the back of my head which sometimes makes my ears hurt, down my neck across my shoulders and down my arms, also have burning in my face and pain in my temples and feel constantly sick with stomach pains, also have a sore throat. I have started to get cramp in my calf's and my thighs ache too....in fact my body feels like its failing me.

Are these symptoms to do with anxiety? I feel so poorly and so depressed. My husband is starting to get pretty fed up with me being this way. I can't be on my own, can't face going to work and am worried constantly about my health keep thinking that I'm not gonna be here much longer. I'm so scared this is taking over my life.

Been on 20mg citalopram for nearly 3 weeks and I feel awful.

Can anyone please help!

Sarah xxxx

Cathy V
13-07-08, 17:23
Hi pumpernickle, you dont say if this your first time on the meds, or if youve had the dose increased or decreased. Alot of what you describe sounds like really bad tension in your body, but could also be side effects of the drugs. Can you tell us a bit more?

Cathy xxx

pumperknickle
13-07-08, 19:39
hi Cathy, I have been on meds before, I was on dothiopin and librium about 5/6 years ago for a breakdown.

Doctor put me on 20mg citalopram straight away, but going back Tuesday to talk to him about things and to see about increasing them.

Didn't have anything like these burning sensations though last time and they really scare me, Its mainly at night I get the one in my head, get to about 5 in morning and am really anxious, start to feel sick and feel like I'm going mad.

Sarah xxx

Cathy V
13-07-08, 19:44
Hi Sarah, yes going back to the doc is the best thing. Seems like it could be the dose, and ive heard from other members that citolapram can cause a few problems to start with but that these settle down with a bit more time.

Hang in there till tuesday!
Cathy xxx

pumperknickle
13-07-08, 19:47
Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your support its great to have :hugs:

Sarah xxx

noworriesnocries
13-07-08, 20:17
hope you feel better~