PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New to site

Magik
13-07-08, 17:21
Hello everyone, my name is Kathy. I'm from Pennsylvania and I just needed a place to come to where no one will judge me. It's been a bad week for me.

Wednesday night, I went to the ER, and they said my potassium was dangerously low. It was a 2.8 when normal they want around 3.5. I went in because of tingly hands, face, Severe weakness, Palpatations, shortness of breath, I could not catch it for the life of me. After several tests, they said my heart was fine. And it did go away after some kind of breathing therapy.

Thursday night, at home and same time of night, it happened again, though not as severe. I didn't want it to get as bad, so I went before it became really bad. And he did a catscan with Iodine dye, checked my heart and lungs for blood clots and found nothing. So my doctor happened to mention it was a panick attack. I of course, argued profusely with him, after all, I would think I could keep myself calm, but after reading some of the things on this website about it all...I'm starting to wonder if I don't suffer from them now.

I've just noticed that when I sit at home, I get really nervous when the same time comes around. Which is normally like 10-11 at night. So to avoid falling into stress and worrying, I usually force myself to fall asleep. Sounds weird I know, but I just really am curious, Panick attacks can just spring up from no where with no valid cause? Sorry if I seem to be too questioning, I've just been really scared as of late.

Veronica H
13-07-08, 18:16
Hi Kathy
I know from experience that anxiety and panic can cause the symptoms you describe. I have been in A@E (ER) with similar symptoms which I now accept to be generated from anxiety. It is worth exploring this further.You will find lots of help and support here.
Veronica H

milly jones
13-07-08, 21:16
a warm welcome to nmp kathy

no one on nmp will judge u hun, were all in the same anx boat

come join the rollercoaster with us lol

love mill xxxx

Nibbles
13-07-08, 21:36
Hi Kathy and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
13-07-08, 22:19
Hi Kathy

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Magik
14-07-08, 01:56
It's funny, I'm usually one of the ones to support people, it feels strange being on the other end of things, but without support, I don't think I'll be able to get a handle on this, but thank you all for the very warm welcome. It means alot to me to see people caring still and helping others when they need it. I hope maybe with some of my problems with Crohns Disease, I might be able to help someone as well.

Again, thank you :)

becky40
14-07-08, 02:01
hi i am new to the site ............ i am wanting to wean off my cipralex and need some support and encouragement to do so ...... from people who have been there ......... i am presently undergoing a lifestyle change , trying to stop coffee .........maybe that should wait ....ok .........open to hellos and any chat ....thanks , becky

kellie
14-07-08, 10:54
Hiya hun :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :yesyes:
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. Im sorry you are going through a rough time at the moment. keep posting as its good to talk about things and i realy hope we can be of some help to you. We also have a great chat room where you can talk to ppl about things or just have a giggle,so i hope to talk to you soon.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tracy1972
14-07-08, 10:59
A warm welcome to you and hope you find this site as helpful as the rest of us

Lindalou64
14-07-08, 14:10
Hello Kathy And Welcome And Yes It Can Just Come On...sometimes We Cant Pin Point What Triggers It, But It Does Get Better With Relaxation And Educatin Yourself On This....just Know It Cant Harm You Even Tho It Can Feel Scary At Times It Shall Pass......i Wish Ya Well........linda

weeble40
14-07-08, 19:32
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Southern_Belle
14-07-08, 19:54
Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura